Thursday, February 14, 2013

Who Will Be My Valentine


Who could not love this sweet old face? It is only occasionally that I realize how old my sweet boy is. I take a picture and then it hits me. All the white hair and the opaque eyes. Not to mention all the naps. He is still a fine specimen, my handsome old boy.

 
 Oscar does enjoy his nap. He enjoys the companionship of Wall-E, my sensitive guy. What Wall-E may lack in looks is made up for in his intense loyalty. He is the protector of our world. He sounds the alarm when our space is invaded.

 
 Best buddies, my two boys.

 
 Toni Louise has reached her tween stage. No longer a puppy, but not really a grown up dog yet. Loves affection and gets a little miffed when she is denied access to my undivided attention. She is punishing me by refusing to look at me.

 Martha, the boy cat enjoys napping all day, then inciting a riot in the wee hours of the morning. The diet would appear to be in vain. He has learned to hunt and is supplementing his meager portion of cat chow. He is a very handsome specimen, too. Just overlook the fat belly.

 
Still being punished, I guess. I can't choose, so it looks like I have four Valentines ........

He Who is my real Valentine presented me with a heart shaped cake, piled high with whipped icing and chocolate covered strawberries. He won my heart.

7 comments:

Val said...

Toni Louise! That little vixen is playing hard-to-get.

Brian Miller said...

chocolate covered strawberries...i will let him win my heart if he wants....smiles....

you do have some nice looking animals...

Joanne Noragon said...

Aw, they all love you.

Jeff said...

Nice looking family Miss Kathy. How about a pic of you and He Who?

SkippyMom said...

So sweet. I have seen quite a few posts for Valentine's Day about friends pets and it's nice to see that we all feel very loved by our little buddies.

Your guys are so lovely [says your fellow dachshie owner/Wall-E admirer], but Kathy I have to say - your cat scares me. ::grin:: I didn't recognize him. He looks like he ate a few kittens. Wow. And he isn't a year old yet? What is he supplementing with? Ground hogs? Racoons? MOOSE? heehee I kid. He is gorgeous, no doubt, but you have two cats in one there. Sweet thing.

Can't wait to see more rugs. And I am so jealous of your cake. It sounds pretty AND delicious. Tell He Who is A Sweetheart that Skippy says "Nicely done sir" :D

mamahasspoken said...

Aw they are the best Valentines one could have!

Chickadee said...

Wow Martha has grown up to be a big boy cat. And I have a little old man cat. He also has the white mustache that accompanies pets in their old age.