Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

I was going to post some pictures of my mutant vegetables today. I have some doozies. But, I am not feeling light hearted .......

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all ........ No, he who loves me has done nothing to stab my soul. He is being extra sweet to me today. I am speaking of the love you have for those friends you aquire.

 It has been a long week and next week can only be better. As I sit here in my office with the door locked in an effort to withdraw myself from any more slights today and lick my wounds, I am thinking about friendships past that have ended or simply faded. I always wonder what I may have done or not done in any situation that would have created the rift in the friendship. I am sure everyone of us do. In doing that, I tend to analyze every word I have ever spoken, or deed I have done. I never intend to slight anyone, but I know that words can easily be misinterpreted.

This particular weekend presented with a double whammy of rejection. I managed to take it in stride until today. Meaning I only cried in private. Today, though, my cup runneth over and I can't seem to stop. People I considered friends and held dear to my heart have decided to take their campers elsewhere. I harbor no ill will towards them and extended good wishes and told them I expected to see them whenever we had special events planned. I hate to lose the revenue, of course, but other campers will come ...... I hope.

I suppose I was wrong in thinking that these folks thought of me as a friend, because they have been here all weekend and won't even return my wave as they pass by. Yep, third time's a charm. I childishly told one them that he had hurt my feelings, threw my rake down and came in to lick my wounds.

I keep telling myself that this will only make me appreciate my true friends even more. And it will. But, today ............ today I just plain hurt. Tomorrow will be better.

9 comments:

Colette said...

Aw. That's always hard - especially when you still see them but they don't acknowledge you.

Val said...

I am reaching out to you with a virtual hug. And I am NOT a hugger. Perhaps everyone is crazy from the heat. Or maybe a change of scenery is needed. Or a pool a different shade of green.

I am sure your furry friends will commiserate with you. They always seem to understand. Well...maybe not Mr. Martha.

Brian Miller said...

aww..i am sorry you got your feelings hurt...and that your campers left...hey if i lived closer i would be there...smiles...

ellen abbott said...

You know, I know how you feel. It hurts and it sucks. There's no telling what the reason is and examining past conversations and times together is an exercise in futility. But what I learned is that people come into your life and people pass out of it. Some people are around for a long time and others for brief periods. We meet and hang around people because they fill some need or you fill it for them and when we grow then we move on. It is hard though when the moving on is hurtful or done in anger or without understanding. It hurts to be shunned by someone you thought of as a friend. all we can do is just be the best person we can be in whatever the situation and if others get mad then it's not you, it is them.

joanne said...

I'm so sorry Kath, I seem to be licking a lot of those wounds too lately. It's such a shock to find out that the friendship just isn't there. Take care..sending love and a hug or two...;j

Char said...

You are a precious soul, Kathy! I value your friendship even though it is only through the blogosphere. Blessings to you today!

Char said...

You are a precious soul, Kathy! I value your friendship even though it is only through the blogosphere. Blessings to you today!

Marla said...

I understand and I promise, it will get better. Thinking of you tonight.

SkippyMom said...

I'm sorry Kathy. It's hard to lose those you thought were your friends. I don't know all the details, but they don't sound like they were acting very mature. Sorry.

Other campers will come and other friendships will form. I wish you wouldn't be so sad and know just how many people think you are wonderful just the way you are. I know I do.

I wish I was there - always better to have someone to cry with, then alone. Hugs my friend until I can get a camper and come down to visit. :)