Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Madness

Time is of the essence here at the campground. The snow has thawed and the race is on...........


This is without doubt the busiest time of the year. This is when we fix everything that has broken during the winter and get the park ready for the upcoming season. We will start having campers this month. Already have reservations for said campers. In addition to being outside and helping........ I also need to be with the phone to take reservations.


With daylight savings time about to begin, I will be going to bed early and rising equally early. I stacked firewood all weekend and readied my garden beds to receive seed and plants. Yes, spring has sprung here in my life and so begins another season. I won't be posting with any regularity. Comments on my favorite blogs will be few, but I will be reading.......... I take my laptop to bed instead of a book!


I am quite certain that material too good to ignore will be presenting itself as he who plumbs is getting the pool ready for a new paint job, so stayed tuned, my friends.....

9 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Spring is a pretty dandy excuse to leave the keyboard. I will keep checking on you anyway, Kathy.

Hope all goes well as you ready your campground. I sure would love to come visit you someday...

ellen abbott said...

Yes, busy here too. The window is never long enough to get all the yard work done before it gets too hot.

Spring seemed forever in the coming but it made up for it by exploding onto the scene instead of creeping in gradually. I almost feel like I missed something. How could it definitely be winter one day and definitely spring the next?

The Good Cook said...

I am not trusting of this heat wave... Mother Nature always fools me into thinking winter is over and then WHAM - she hits me with one more snow storm.

Brian Miller said...

lol. look forward to those stories...got to be a great time of expectation as well with all the new and old friends returning...

Cathy said...

Hello Kathy
Good to see you back in town - I see you had a great time with the grandchildren. Time was against me also so I read but didn't comment on any of those postings.
Lets hope you are all right as Spring seems to have sprung very quickly in so many places up there (northern hemisphere) it almost seems too good to be true lol
Don't work too hard and don't forget to stop and smell the roses now and again - when they start to bloom that is :))

Rae said...

Even with all the work to be done, it will be nice to be outside rather than cooped up with snow on the ground. Enjoy the new season and don't work too hard.

houndstooth said...

Good luck with the improvements!

Whitney Lee said...

So spring cleaning has begun, huh? Well, I wish you much energy and luck! I certainly understand the inability to post with regularity but rest assured I will read when you write. I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to tell!

Teresa said...

Woo-hoo! Spring is finally coming! It was nice here a couple of days and then it's rained for the rest of the week, but I can tell that the cold days are on their way out and the warm ones are coming in.

Hope you have a wondefully successful camping season without the drama of the "annonymous" posters of last year.