Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Whining or Wining

The sun was doing a great job today. I wanted to just stand in the great outdoors and enjoy the warm rays ..... Didn't happen.

I did take out all the trash that had piled up while it rained. I was strolling through the garden beds, admiring the daffodils poking up. I noted that I should cut my tall grasses soon and continued around to the other side of the garden between the entrance and exit.

Big tire tracks run through my garden. The big rocks and boulders I so carefully arranged to designate the garden are scattered, some of them are actually up in the garden. No tracks pushing them there, so they must have been hit by a vehicle violating my speed limit.

Kind of a mood breaker. The garden is raised and the rocks are big. I don't know what else to do. The turn is not tight. There is plenty of room. I am not ashamed to say that it would me happy to know that the rocks caused significant damage to the vehicle that ripped through my garden.

My garden tour left me uninspired and a little depressed. I don't have the luxury of moping around. In case you might be wondering about the progress (or lack of progress) on the ceiling and walls ...... well, it seems to be at a standstill. I have more that caught up with HeWho has moved on to other projects. He seems to have the attention span of a first grader.

Signs need to be painted and refreshed, so I turned my attention to a 4' X 4' sign to direct traffic at the turn to our road. This year is especially important, as my exit will be closed to rebuild the bridge that goes over the interstate. My traffic will have to travel 5 miles further to the next exit and use the frontage road. I am not sure how this will work with the current signage. So, I spent the better part of this afternoon lettering and painting. 

My back and shoulders hurt, as well as my right thumb. I cooked a Cornish game hen with rice while I worked on my sign. When I finally came to a stopping point, with all the lettering done and just a frog to paint; I was looking forward to eating, then having a nice hot shower.

Like all good plans, this one was no different. I could not wash my hands or clean my brushes. No water. Hand sanitizer and a less than spectacular dinner. I did not salt the hen enough and did not make biscuits (no water). HeWho plumbs ate, then continued his search for a new electrical thing to fix the pump. He was not successful. No shower awaits my aching muscles. No water until tomorrow.

Now that I am finished whining, I will be 'wining' until bedtime. I just so happen to have a nice pink muscato just lingering in the fridge. This should make me forget that I did not shower!

5 comments:

Val said...

It might allow you to forget more than the shower!

Linda O'Connell said...

If it isn't one thing it's another. I think if I were you, I;d drink right out of the bottle! Spring is in the air. And better days are on the way.

Joanne Noragon said...

Hurry up and wait. Hurry up and wait.

Kathy G said...

How rude of that driver to go through your garden! You're not the only one who hopes the vehicle sustained real damage.

ellen abbott said...

you might need to get some of those concrete barriers the highway uses to line that flower bed!