Thursday, May 11, 2017

Leftover Leftovers

The rain finally came  late yesterday afternoon. I had piddled around and read some blogs and commented and I even ventured out to check the progress of the vegetable garden. My beans and corn are coming along nicely. The kale is finally growing and the potatoes and garlic seem to have shot up over night. Beets and carrots are taking their sweet time. The early peas .... are late!

Remember, I had sort of left the soaker hose on all night the day before the rain came ..... I had the soaker hose that ran through the strawberry patch and the pea patch and ending in the asparagus hooked up when I turned the hydrant on to water the potted plants in the front of the building. I don't care how much it rains, potted plants need to be watered daily. I got distracted by checking in a customer. I totally forgot about the water, since I had completed my task when the camper pulled in.

Good thing strawberries like water. They seem to like it a lot. Just look what I picked this morning!


This is today's. I already gave some away yesterday! Looks like I will be making some jam .... and pies and cakes.

No rain today, but it is dreary and drab and just right for a little nap with Eddie in my lap. I might even cook a decent meal tonight! Last night involved leftover leftovers. We were both too tired to care. The good thing is .......Charming Eddie.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your strawberries almost outshine Charming Eddie. Almost...

Val said...

The strawberries look tasty, but the camera loves Eddie! His coat glistens like he's been eating eggs laid in the yard by free-range chickens!

Paula said...

Beautiful strawberries. And nothing like a nap on a dreary day!!

ellen abbott said...

strawberries just don't do well here. everybody who has tried has given up, myself included.

Linda O'Connell said...

Now you have me craving strawberry pie. That charming Eddie has such expressions. Enjoy this day. Oh yeah, it;s Friday and I;m sure you will have someone pull in backwards, get stuck or want to take a dive.