Friday, December 16, 2016

I Won!

The weather did not warm up much and flurries twirled through the air as I ventured out to grab some wood. I had every intention of filling my wagon and the hand truck and wheeling the first load in.

That did not happen. The moisture was freezing as soon as it hit the ground and I was slipping and sliding as I walked to the wood pile. I grabbed as much wood as I could carry and very carefully made my way to the back door. I counted the pieces as I put them in the #2 wash tub net to the wood stove. I had nine pieces. That's all.

Just nine pieces and I STILL WON!!! HeWho loves to drive and not walk anywhere if he can help it, didn't even make it to town today! Did not fix his flat on the golf cart. The roads are treacherous and he spend a lovely afternoon with the discovery channel while I dithered in the kitchen.

Seems like I just got up and it is already dark. Tomorrow doesn't look much better.

4 comments:

Val said...

We knew you would! Conditions here were fine until around 3:00. Hoping it warms up tomorrow until we go to Oklahoma and back!

Linda O'Connell said...

He'll claim foul...weather. We had kids and grandkids stranded all over in that mess.

Linda O'Connell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ellen abbott said...

your bad weather is almost here. supposed to get down to freezing tonight and tomorrow night but right now it's 71˚ and the high is supposed to be 80˚.