Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oscar Is Home


Oscar is home where he belongs. I must confess that I sniffed the paw print. HeWho loves me laughed at me. He promptly informed me that there could not possibly be a hint of Oscar's scent on that paw print.

He is wrong. After I inspected the casting, I presented it to Oscar's former pack. They all sniffed carefully and tails began to wag excitedly. Wall-E yipped and yapped, while Cujo began licking. Tell me there is no scent left! Toni Louise wagged her tail, as well, although she was a little subdued. Perhaps thinking her old rival was back and ready to take back his kingdom?

It was bittersweet, holding his sweet paw print in my hand. I know I did the right thing, ending his pain. But, it still makes my heart hurt.


This is Oscar in his prime. You can see the mischief in his eyes.

 Oscar and his lovely wife, Emmy. Emmy was more photogenic that he was. He looks a little arrogant here ....... because he was!


Time for a nap. My little awards, Oscar and Emmy. I miss them both every day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss....I have a paw print I took in clay of my last dog. It is a paperweight on my desk. I think of her often.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I wish I'd thought to ask for that! I've no doubt, Oscar's siblings took great joy in what scent remains. This made me smile.

Val said...

Just because HeWho doesn't have the nose of a canine doesn't mean there's no scent. Those are sweet pictures of Oscar.

luksky said...

My little Brandi has been gone for 6 years now. I still have her little paw print sitting on my desk so I can feel like she is still with me, somehow.

Kathy G said...

What a nice memento of your four-footed friend.

Anonymous said...

I totally hear you. We are cat people, no dogs, but I miss so many of those critters who have gone on to their heavenly litterbox.

labbie1 said...

What a wonderful momento of a beloved Oscar! I so remember you sniffing his paws and holding one out to me to sniff. "They smell like Fritos! Here smell!" And they did! :)