Sunday, May 1, 2016

Almost Ready ......

Rain and cool winds came in overnight. After pushing to get the grass knocked down and some seed into my beds this past week, I confess that I don't mind the break and the cancellations.

Wouldn't you know, I decided to plant the tomato plants I so carefully nurtured inside for weeks. This cool spell won't enhance their growth. I saw the first daylily bloom this week, so I thought the tomatoes needed to be in the dirt ....

My mini vacation was short lived. The sun came out and I went out. So much to get done. And the grass just keeps on growing. You can almost watch it grow. I have pulled dandelion so much that when I close my eyes at night, all I can see is dandelions.

We managed an afternoon outing to Sam's, Lowes and Walmart. I hit Walmart, carefully detailed list in hand, While HeWho is still limping, went to Lowes. He picked me up and we hit Sam's together. HeWho is not a fun shopping companion. He walks slower than I do and can't seem to stay on task with a list. He seemed to get distracted easily as I zipped up and down the aisles grabbing necessities. He stopped on the pet food aisle to make faces at a baby while I struggled with a 50 lb. sack of dog food. He didn't even notice that I had loaded it as I went past him on my way to the candy bars. I got a little distracted at the wine and alcohol section and lost him. I went around that aisle three times, looking for him. I texted him and inquired about his whereabouts. He responded "over here". Really.

I kept shopping, thinking he would eventually catch up with me, or me with him. He finally texted to see if I was thirsty ..... he was at the snack bar. His bum knee was bothering him and he wanted a pretzel. I am not sure what one had to do with the other.

We finally hit the frozen foods and stocked up with ice cream, burgers and corn dogs. Didn't forget the Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits either! We are almost ready for Memorial Day. I have the pool wall set to go and as soon as I paint the rest of the new signs for the park, I can hit the sewing room.

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Made faces at a baby while you loaded 50 lbs of dog food...that is an awesome snapshot in words. And the text is exactly what mine does too. You are going to be crawling with campers soon. Sounds like you're well stocked.

Anonymous said...

You are so industrious.

Val said...

Let the season begin!

A pretzel always makes a bum knee feel better.