Monday, September 21, 2015

Ready To Go!

Time to put my happy face on and head north! I know my Daddy will be smiling down at us this weekend as we celebrate the marriage of Adrienne and Chad.

The dresses are done and I only need to load in our clothes and toiletries. Just one day till we take off, then I can plant my derriere in the co-pilots seat and read and sleep to my heart's content. Conversation is not the strong point of He Who drives.

Since he got the hearing aide stuck in his ear and had to go to the ER to have it removed, he has conveniently "lost" the device, the better to not hear his wife speak. He prefers to crank up the music and let his mind drift as he drives. I actually enjoy snoozing on and off. That being said, Winter draws near and I assure one and all that I will find the hearing device. Oh, yes, I will.

The park is mowed and groomed and we will be leaving it in very capable hands. DJ and Andrea will be the temporary hosts and I promise that I will not give the park a second thought!

Only big job will be the washing of the canine contingent tomorrow. We did nail clipping tonight and one can handle just so much trauma. Actually, I didn't even attempt Wall-E. He gave me the stink-eye while watching me clip the others. I am hoping to launch the attack after he falls asleep. I can usually get 2 or 3 done before he tries to bite the hand that feeds him.

The ankle swelling has subsided and the itching is almost gone. The shoe fits!

4 comments:

joanne said...

if the shoe fits....! wear it, and have a wonderful time, a safe care-free getaway.

Linda O'Connell said...

Kathy, have a great trip, and now that your ankle swelling is down, you can dance at the wedding. Have fun. Yes, I know you will find that hearing device. :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Safe trip and a lovely wedding!

Val said...

Bon voyage! Enjoy the ride, and enjoy the wedding and family even more!