Saturday, October 13, 2012

Are You Ready To Rumble?


I was watching my animal children playing. This is the stare down. Wall-E (white dog) is the ring leader here. That job used to belong to Oscar, but he is watching along with me, quite content to be held in my arms or to just lay around in the relative quiet while the younger animals play. It makes me a little sad to see him accept that he is old and simply succumb to his destiny. I plan to go out kicking and screaming ........ none of this dignity crap for me!


The stare down lasts until Wall-E makes a move and they all go flying around the yard until one of them is caught by another. Hmm, I think we called this "tag" when I was a mere pup. Wall-E likes to referee the game, unwilling to give up complete control and simply revel in the fun. Wall-E has issues. He is a bit of a control freak. He likes routines and becomes quite upset when we upset his time table. Issues.


Not to worry, Mr. Martha is laughing and screaming "It tickles, it tickles!" as Toni Louise nuzzles his belly under the strict supervision of Wall-E.


Mr. Martha is growing. Mr. Martha really likes to eat. He likes cat food, dog food and people food. He is not opposed to begging. A kamper asked me yesterday if I was absolutely certain of his gender, as he appeared to be looking pregnant. He is as much of a he as he can be, given the recent surgery that will prevent any little Marthas from popping up. He is just fat!


As much as Wall-E likes to control things, Martha loves to torment him. Wall-E is careful and will not allow himself to be placed in a situation that may endanger him, such as  wood pallet leaning on a pole falling over onto him. Mr. Martha, the fat cat is very much aware of Wall-E's quirks and will not hesitate to take advantage.


Toni Louise is healing nicely and able to run and play with her favorite buddy again. She still favors her injured leg, but is back to her old self. Full of mischief.


"We are just playing." She doesn't want to get into trouble for flipping Martha over. I am not worried. Martha gives as good as he gets. Look at those sweet faces. I think I am in love!

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

haha i love that your animals have so much fun together....getting out kitten was the best thing that ever happened to our older cat...it got her playing and moving again...

Val said...

Mr. Martha is HUGE! He looks like he weighs as much as Toni Louise. She is lithe like my Juno, with that same sweet face. They could be canine siblings separated at birth.

mamahasspoken said...

I think they are reminding Mr Martha the pecking order in the animal kingdom ;o)

Linda O'Connell said...

Mr. Martha is very commfortable with his pack. He's belly up. I love when animals play like this. i also loved your Christmas story on my blog :)

Joanne Noragon said...

All together now, a one a two a...

Mr. Martha thinks he's a dog.

To the tune of My Baby Thinks he's a Train.

ellen abbott said...

too funny. we had a miniature dutch rabbit (male) when we got our boxer puppy. they were best buds. of course the dog got big and the rabbit stayed little. the dog would carry the rabbit around in his mouth. the first time I saw that I about had a heart attack and rushed over and got the rabbit, who was fine and a little put out that I had interfered. after that I just let them play. they would take turns chasing each other around the yard.