Friday, June 10, 2011

Early Morning Walk and Season Passes

I wake with the sun most mornings. In the winter months, it is easy to roll over and go back to sleep. But, during the spring, summer and fall, there is too much to do. After being house bound all winter I am ready to be outside anyway. So, while the coffee was brewing I tossed the laundry in the machines and found the bathrooms to be as clean as I left them the night before. Coffee cup in hand, I took advantage of my reprieve of not having to scrub toilets and took a little walk around my world. The happy frog windsock was a gift from a kamper passing through.



This old porch swing was left after the garage(less) sale. I dare not hang it, lest it become a liability. But, with some tree stump bottoms, it becomes a bench. I thought about painting it, but I kind of like the green ........ Thanks, Julie!


I have finally managed to get out all my froggy decor that has been stored inside all winter. Every year I tell myself that I will remember where I put it ........... and every year it is an adventure to find it all. Oh, well. Sweet Nan made this one for me and it holds a special place of honor.




Finally ...... my Easter Lily bloomed! A little late?



The marigolds are popping up every where. Soon I will be thinning and replanting them to fill in "holes" in my other gardens.



The cone flowers are getting ready to put on a colorful display..........


Tiger lilies and iris are popping ...........



Love iris!


"When are y'all gonna have season passes to your allses' pool ready?" Um, never. " We don't do season passes." "How come?" "Because you would pass the pass around to all your friends ..... " "Oh, you can't do that?"

Really, really can't make this stuff up. Maybe I should offer season passes for half of what it would cost to swim every day that the pool would be open for the season. That would be Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend ....... or 102 days. Subtract 22 days for rain and that leaves 80 days at $3 or $240. Half would be $120. I asked one person what they thought a fair price for a season pass would be and was told $30. Big gap there. Then consider that the entire town would be swimming on maybe ten passes. I think I will pass on the season pass. But .......... my gardens are lovely to look upon.

11 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

30 dollars for 102 days of swimming? Best deal in town at less than 30 cents a day! Woo hooo I'm on my way!
Yea, some people like things for free. Tell them you're still talking to Drew about this.

SkippyMom said...

If they want a season pass - you can always issue passes [for what YOU want to charge - and I agree with your price] you could put pictures on them and laminate them. It is cheap to do at Staples and if they lose them let them know that it is a $20 replacement fee.

It is what our pool does here.

Or another thing my pool does is it gives guest passes for us to use for our of town guest, but you could do the same thing but have a 20 punch card for a slightly discounted rate [no picture necessary] and then they get, say 20 visits for the price of 15, maybe? That way you would just have to use a hole punch for each day they come.

Those are the only two ways I can think of to keep the nuts from sharing their season passes.

I know, sounds like more problems then it is worth. Just an idea.

SkippyMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the tour around the grounds. The flowers are so pretty and I love the rustic bench and the frog windsocks. You could write a book with all these things folks say to you!!!

Pat said...

Your flower beds looks really pretty!

My sister has a beautiful back yard with a pond. When she would forget from year to year what or how she planted things, she finally started taking notes and then started taking photos to remember!

Brian Miller said...

smiles you garden is lovely...yeah i would pass on the pass idea...got a chuckle out of the convo though...i would love to go outside if it was not over 100 every day this week...

ellen abbott said...

a late freeze got all but two of our easter lilies. all the rest of your blooming lovelies passed a while ago here.

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! Pool season sounds like a blast. I'm surprised you don't limit it to campers only.

Enjoy your time with the grandkids! ;)

Teresa said...

your gardens look lovely! sounds like you've got your pool work cut out for you.

squawmama said...

Loved yoour photos today...
Have fun
Donna

Whitney Lee said...

Your flowers are beautiful! My lilies would have bloomed so many times by now, but I can't keep the deer away. I honestly haven't had much time to tend the yard this season. I'm thinking I'll have more time next year when I don't have to watch the little one quite so closely!
It sounds like you are surrounded by idiots. Too much trouble to do some sort of season pass. $3 a day sounds pretty damn cheap already.