Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Too Cold To Go Out

It is too cold to go outside. I think we might have a case of cabin fever. I have been taking things apart and coming up with fun new chores for love of my life. Last weekend I decided that he should finally hook up the killer speakers to the stereo. We have only had them for about eight years. I thought it was time. He said I would have to take everything off the entertainment center. Okay. I got out the ladder and I carefully removed all my elephants and other gee-gaws, all the while dusting and cleaning.


I did my part and waited...... and waited. Then I started nagging very subtly, and when that didn't work I started nagging in earnest and not subtle at all. We had company, for heaven's sake and there were so many gee-gaws and family photos on the table we couldn't even have a meal. Finally he began. I helped him push the wires and such through and he got it hooked up.


He turned it on, put a CD on ....... country, at that. Did he let me put all the stuff away and clear the table? No. I didn't even get the ladder put away. All of a sudden the band was playing! Love of my life was a playin' the old wash board and Deb was a strummin' her guitar. The rest of us played audience and sang along.... well, I groaned a lot. Yeah, we got cabin fever. Fire up that wood stove, turn the radio on and break out the instruments. I suppose I could learn to play spoons....

13 comments:

Rae said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to pass the time when it is cold outside.

ellen abbott said...

Harmonica.

Masala Chica said...

Kathy - you just need to sing. And get a triangle. Or a tambourine.

Although I think triangle would really just round out that group.
Kiran

SkippyMom said...

Awesome. The geegaws will go back tomorrow, but tonight sounds sweet.

Just Joany said...

If you can't have fun with a washboard, what Can you have fun with?

You could always play the pots and pans. :-)

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

Nancy said...

Sounds like fun to me!

Boozy Tooth said...

Where are the jug players? And the fiddle?

Mike said...

I actually would not mind a little bit of cabin fever. I could get so much accomplished writing just being stuck home. I also have items and gadgets that I have had for years and never hooked up!

mamahasspoken said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! As for an instrument I suggest the good old Kazoo. Everyone can play that one ;o)

Brian Miller said...

a little cabin fever is never bad...if the band breaks out, just raise your lighter and sing. smiles.

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha! We have cabin fever here, too, but not that bad -- yet!

Anonymous said...

haha Spoons are fun, and good.

Pat said...

Nothing like some impromptu fun! The only thing we ever did we spoons is try to hang them from our noses! LOL!