Thursday, September 10, 2009

HD TV

Finally..... I have TV again. More important, I was able to go outside and take care of all the neglected chores. I was able to weed and pick peas and mow. The rock is still waiting to be moved.....

So, after a nice long day of accomplishing a lot, I came in and prepared dinner and then got ready for bed. Being creatures of habit, love of my life and I settled into bed after taking the four legged children out for their nightly constitutional. We watched the news and weather and then grabbed the remote to the DVR for our nightly dose of "The Young and The Restless". .............

NOOOOOOOOO! Nothing is on the DVR, because the DVR was changed out! Of course there is nothing on it, it is new. So, to add insult to injury, not only did I lose FIVE hours yesterday....... I lost five episodes of my soap that puts me to sleep. Now I will have to simply fill in the blanks left with my imagination! And it is not just me......... love of my life is totally into this soap, too. We were both all bummed out. Who knows what shenanigans we have missed. Victor Neuman no doubt missed us as an audience, too.

Love of my life is thrilled with the new picture. Me, not so much. I find that I listen more than watch because I am usually doing another task while "watching". I find it hard to "sit" and watch TV without doing something else while doing so. Life is starting to slow down a bit and soon the new season of TV will start.......... all in time for my annual hibernation.

11 comments:

Rae said...

Thankfully you have your TV restored and all is well. And the good thing about soaps is they are easy to catch up on. Of course someone might have started having an affair or got pregnant or remarried for the 5th time but you will figure it all out soon.

Jilly said...

Just call me and I'll tell you everything. Sadly, I'm addicted too.

SJT said...

DVR the Soapnet channel. They re-run Y&R all the time. Or....just call your daughter.

ellen abbott said...

Guilty pleasures. We watch soaps too, not that one though. If it is anything like the ones we do watch, relax, you didn't miss a thing.

Nancy said...

I love Tivo. I can watch Big Brother whenever my husband leaves the room. And he must be out of the room. :-)

Glad things are winding down. I hope it was a good year for your business.

Pat said...

DVR's are the next best thing since sliced bread. I feel your pain about losing your recorded episodes. I, myself, don't watch daytime soaps. (I watch a lot of other things at night.) But, like your other comments, I, too, believe you'll be able to catch up it real quick!

Boozy Tooth said...

Hi Kathy!!!

I am so proud and honored that you swung by Casa Hice and left such a nice comment. Thank you!

I'm a little bit introduced to the RV lifestyle because of my friends Jim and Garret of "RVing with Jim and Garret" fame (http://jimandgarret.blogspot.com). Perhaps you know them?

Anyway... I am anxious to get to know you better and can't wait to dive into your blog. I do so love meeting new friends online.

Thanks again for the opportunity to say hello, to lavish in my new found friendship, and to get to know a new blog.

Alix

Boozy Tooth said...

Pick peas????

I am so jealous.

As for The Young and The Restless (that is Victor Neuman's gig, right?), fear not. You can miss a month's worth and still pick up without missing a beat. I myself am an All My Children girl. Or was. I don't watch much tv anymore. I prefer to keep moving these days and sitting on my rump for hour upon hour (let's not kid each other... the soaps are addictive) is very non-productive and leaves me feeling oh so guilty.

Thanks for visiting Casa Hice and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate your taking the time, making the effort and becoming a new blog friend.

Look forward to reading much more of our lovely blog.

Alix

Anonymous said...

speaking of pictures, I love your new profile picture...you look hot girl...

Meggie said...

I suspect I am lucky that I have never been addicted to soaps. I do get a tad tetchy when the sodding recorder stops before the end of the juicy murder mystery, however!!

Hit 40 said...

Forget your HDTV!!! I love your new pimping picture. Just fabulous!!