Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fashion?

In light of my last post--I am appalled to see all the attention to the first ladies new wardrobe. One dress was described as very affordable at around $400.00. Affordable for who? The mother and her three kids living on the street? I have nothing against Michelle Obama or anyone else who might have the means to buy whatever they want; but in the current economic atmosphere I don't really think it is appropriate to flaunt it (so to speak). I do realize that the media is to blame here, I am not daft, just appalled. How many meals would $400.00 provide for that homeless family? You might argue that the new wardrobe is providing jobs. If so, then she needs to buy even more clothes. Somehow, I don't think that is the answer. Think I'll just turn of the TV and go read a book or take a shower. Maybe I'll just go and flip the bathroom light switch on and off...........

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I have been turning the tv off, too.