Saturday, December 4, 2021

Waiting

 I have been writing posts two days ahead, causing me to have to go back and read the post to make comments make sense. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. I have more time to indulge myself in the Land of Blog.

Like anyone who finds joy in writing, I get into a slump from time to time and the words just won't spill out, making it a chore to do. Lately, the words want to come out faster than I can get them down. Thank goodness for keyboards! My hands cramp if I try to put pencil to paper.

I stand mid-room and turn slowly in a circle, baffled that there is still so much to pack. Can't leave the park this week as I wait for the appraiser due "sometime this week". I am annoyed that they couldn't narrow that down. I am due for my booster and want to get it done. We are down to sharing one vehicle and it will take only minutes to run to the pharmacy and back, but I KNOW the appraiser would arrive then. This is all the bank providing the loan needs to proceed and I don't want to do anything that will result in a delay.

Since the weather is more like Spring than Winter today, I ventured out to start collecting all of the garden tools that will be going with us. I found some treasures as I gathered everything and rolled all of my soaker hoses and placed them in my wagon. Like a stair stringer that was on some playground equipment. HeWho was baffled as to my interest in this. It is treated wood and the some of the deck boards are missing, but it will be great start when I get ready to make a stairway to the trout stream. The man lacks vision. The difference between my junk collection and his is that I always have a project in mind for all of my stuff. He just collects it and never uses it, as he has no ideas to implement his junk.

I came in for a break and was once again reminded that I have yet to find a taker for all this fabric. I confess that I shopped through it again and filled two plastic bins. Not to worry, the other four plastic bins are already in North Carolina and I know he won't remember them when the movers are loading us up. I am counting on it.

I was going to call the Senior Center in town to see if they have any sewers. I could not find a number, so I decided to start calling churches. The very first call was to the Methodist church and they have a sewing club that meets weekly to sew clothes for the needy. They are excited to recieve my cast offs. I am so happy to know that the fabric will not be lingering in a dumpster, tossed by someone ignorant of it's value. I am more that happy to take this to them Monday and then go on to get my booster.

No appraiser here yet and the afternoon is dwindling away. Gee, I hope he comes tomorrow and I don't have to go through another week of waiting. I want this to be done and over. I want to move!


5 comments:

Carol said...

Kathy I have really enjoyed all your posts lately. You have a trout stream? I must have missed that.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Waiting can be frustrating

Bob Knight said...

That’s great news on the campground! Was it the same guy or did you find a new buyer?

Anonymous said...

Where can we send a housewarming gift? We want it to arrive when you're in your new place. See? I've accepted the reality of you moving, am no longer sad, am happy enough knowing you're happy. We lived in SC. Our daughter graduated from Columbia College. While not all memories of our time there are wonderful, enough of them are as good as any we have made here in Texas. :)

River said...

I am so glad you found a place to take your fabrics!
I hope that appraiser has been and gone by the time you read this and things are now moving forward again.