Friday, December 24, 2021

The Flu?

 I started feeling not so good on Saturday. In a rush to get the house closed up and pack all the dirty laundry and empty boxes into the RV, I simply ignored it. I don't have time to be sick, but if I am going to have an off day, it might as well be while we are on the road.

I felt worse as the day wore on. I took the dogs out at our first gas stop, but after that I was only able to get them leashed up and hand them off to HeWho drives. Cujo and Eddie were not thrilled with this idea, preferring to have me walk them. HeWho's idea of dog walking is that they should immediately take care of business and then go right back to the RV. No leisurely sniffing, walking and perhaps barking at other dogs. 

I hurt all over, but especially my ears and head. I started coughing and could not seem to stop. My head was all wonky and HeWho procurred some Tylenol for me. I dozed on and off throughout the day and was still feeling pretty awful when we stopped for the evening in Paducah. I helped with doggie walks and then went to bed. It was only 4:00. 

I woke coughing on and off all night and was happy that we weren't that far from home. We got home at 1:30 and I went straight into the building, not wanting to make contact with anyone else. HeWho pronounced me to be sick with "the flu". I think it could be the common cold. 

I will find out tomorrow. Today is Wednesday and I am no better. The cough is deeper and I am wheezing a bit. My ears still hurt and they itch! I dream about taking a baby bottle brush and shoving it in my ears to relieve the itch. I won't, of course. My aches are still with me. I can still taste and smell, but nothing really appeals to me to eat.

Orange juice and gingerale are the beverages I am consuming. Wonder where I picked this bug up? I still wear a mask when I am ou and about, unlike HeWho. I am always picking at him about forgetting to mask up. Can't be too careful, so why am I sick? HeWho is careless, has tried to be sick, but he is hale and hearty.

I have no energy. I have been sleepng and napping a lot. I need to be packing. Since I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow, I should be all better by the time I get there! I have high hopes.

2 comments:

River said...

I do hope you haven't picked up a variant of Covid, I've heard you only lose taste and smell with the original version. Are you vaccinated? I do sincerely hope it is just a flu and that you are better very soon.

Joanne Noragon said...

Hoping for the best.