Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Moving Boxes

 The weather was wonderful all week in our new home. Chilly at night and warm during the middle of the day. I was feeling a lot better after my being down with the booster. 

The day before we left was hectic, as the trailer was being loaded. It was windy and in the 30's, so it was not loaded as well as it could have been. It was unloaded in moderate temperatures. The boxes seem to get heavier as we got closer to the back of the trailer. I was my usual bossy self and we did it my way! The right way. HeWho has zero organizational skills would have put everything on the porch, knowing I would deal with all of it. 

This is why we label boxes, so that they can be moved to the correct place! There is a nice little shed already in place wih a door that locks. Maybe 5' X 8', already wired for electric and it even has a window. I was pulling my sewing stuff and craft boxes out to go to that shed, knowing that I probably won't be unpacking them until Spring.

I stacked them up and dispatched HeWho has a hand truck handy to this shed. The rest of the boxes and garden items were stacked to go to the porch or just outside. We were nearing the end when he proclaimed the shed to be full. He said nothing else would fit.

This was a not a big concern since the other existing structure, a screened in building with a roof and a floor is bigger and we were here to enclose it in order to use it for the big move.

We were actually here to get the new RV tags and register it in the state of North Carolina. Since this was a necessary trip, we decided (I decided) we should pull a U-Haul instead of my car. Any amount of boxes we move will be less weight for the moving truck, right? The RV is small enough to drive anywhere we might need to go.

The bed above the cab was a perfect place for all my house plants. I covered the mattress with plastic to protect it and loaded most of my plants up the night before we left. HeWho helped with this. I brought them out and he was able to reach the back with a stepladder. He proclaimed this area full and put my big aparagus fern in the shower. I waited until he was otherwise occupied and put 5 more plants above the cab and another asparagus fern in the shower. I loaded every nook and cranny with stuff. 

If we moved his way we would be making many more trips!

In answer to all the questions posed in comments .... No, the sale of the park has not gone through. We are in a holding pattern laced with a lot of misinformation. There is supposed to be an appraiser coming on the 28th. Then we should be closing mid January. This is the latest and always subject to change. I have taken a back seat to the proceedings since HeWho called me unreasonable. Time will tell if I am being that unreasonable.

3 comments:

River said...

Women always pack better than men because we prefer to make as few trips as possible. Every nook and cranny gets packed full.

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas Kathy…..life has a way of sorting itself out one way or the other, so here’s to a Happy Healthy (less stressful just the two of you plus the other four legged residents) New Year.
Take care
Cathy

Val said...

The sale will go through when it's meant to go through. You don't know what headaches you might be avoiding during this waiting time!