Friday, February 27, 2009

To Shave or Not To Shave....

It is winter. It is cold and I wear long johns under my pants. Got to thinking....what if I quit shaving my legs. Wouldn't that add another layer of insulation? Hmmmm. Not only that, I would save money on razors and save all that time and effort (is this not the epitome of laziness?)! So I decided to give a try (nothing ventured, nothing gained). I let the hair grow for over a month, then I got so sick. That led to more of my pondering and I was afraid that if I died, I would die with really hairy legs. I never stopped shaving my arm pits. I didn't think that would help keep me warm and I would be using more deodorant and that would defeat the whole saving money excuse. Bad enough to die hairy legged, hard to be embarrassed if you are dead; but what if I had to go to the hospital. They might decide to do an EKG and need to hook up electrodes to my hairy legs. Of course they may be so hairy that they would have to shave my legs. But they would only shave the necessary areas and then I would have bald spots on my hairy legs............ When I was a younger woman, long before I started taking my mood altering magic pill, I was known to get up and shave my legs in the middle of the night because the beardy feel against the sheets annoyed me so much that I would be unable to fall asleep. Of course almost everything prevented me from falling to sleep causing me to be really crabby a lot of the time (I should apologize to my children for being a crabby mom). Lack of sleep will do that. All this to say that project "grow leg hair" is officially over. I shaved........took two times to get it all off and that razor is now dead. Hope everyone has a hairless leg day.

3 comments:

SJT said...

Your shaving your legs at night because of the sheets sounds like your daughter. She tells me she hates that stuff too. Hilarious!

Jilly said...

If I have even the tiniest bit of prickly hair on my legs I will get up and shave them.
Thanks for that!

Andrea said...

This is hilarious - I can just envision the scene in the hospital!