Friday, June 16, 2017

I Love A Good Mystery ....

It is Friday again. I had to look at my phone to make sure. I was hoping it would say Thursday, but it didn't. I would like to feel a little more rested as the weekend starts, but here it is.

I mowed in the cool hours of the morning and timed it so that I could have a shower. The shower made me want to sleep. I was tired when I pulled myself out of the bed this morning. Yesterday was still lingering ........

42 summer school students came out to swim. Summer school is different than when I was growing up. These were middle school students, 11 and 12 years old. Lots of things have changed since my youth. These kids had lots of money to spend .... one young man had $50. He spent a lot of his time in the store and tried to spend it all. I am not complaining, I just hope his parents knew he had that much money. They all had packed lunches and the payment for swimming had been taken are of. It was a good day for me as far as income goes.

As you all know, I like signs. The sign with the pool rules is 4 feet by 8 feet. NO DIVING is clearly posted. The pool is not deep enough for diving. This would include back flips and other shenanigans, as well. Or, one would think. The very first thing to happen after the school bus off loaded the children .......  a failed back flip with a good size goose egg bump to the head of the boy attempting it. I am not liable, since I do have signage and a sign that advises you are swimming at your own risk. I did worry about the kid, though.

So, today, I am tired. I attempted a nap early afternoon while HeWho mows was in for a rest.
I was all comfy, with my Cujo snugged in next to my leg and Charming Eddie had his long silky body draped across my lap. Wall-E, the wonder dog was in his usual position next to my chair and Toni Louise was in her special day bed made from a drawer and tucked into the bottom shelf of a book case. She likes tight dark spaces.

Eddie has just gone limp with sleep when HeWho mows and sometimes tows got a call back to the impound lot. Eddie and I were none to happy with the situation. But he had to go let someone in their car to retrieve their dead brother.

Not a call one gets every day. I was curious enough to want him to go. He did, but she drove away with the car after giving up the title. I really want to know about the dead brother now!

5 comments:

Val said...

Now I want to know, too.

And in our world where the two of us have some unusual things in common...my son The Pony texted me today that he had loaned his car to a girl so she could drive to a funeral.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Val, no way! Was it her brother??

Val said...

Don't know that, but he said she also needed it last night, to go to a wake. Which seems kind of backwards to me...unless there was another deceased person who needed her attention. Remind me to tell The Pony to stay away from her for a while!

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh my goodness that is horrific about the tow. Well once those kids left, I hope you had a relaxing evening. Today is Saturday and I'll bet the fun has been continuous.

Paula said...

WOW that would certainly be a mystery!