Sunday, June 25, 2017

Half A Nap?

Such a busy weekend. Had me hopping until 10 every night. Considering I am busy from the time my feet hit the floor, it should come as no surprise that I was happy to have a relatively slow day today.

So slow that I actually dozed in my chair behind the desk. I has the chair tilted back, just so, and my feet were propped up on a box under the desk. I was totally relaxed and in that pleasant state of half sleep. I heard HeWho never has all the parts he needs for any given project tell me he was "running to town".

In my lazy state, I was aware enough to want to tell him to drive (ha ha), but too lazy to actually voice it. I knew I would wake if anyone came in the store and I was low enough to not be seen. Confidant in my circumstance, I was just lolling there half asleep, a book speaking to me.

All was well ...... until HeWho likes to bumble around knocked a piece of pipe over and the sudden clanging brought me straight up and out of my chair. And then HE GOT MAD AT ME because it was somehow all my fault. Yes, I knew the pipe was there. I had every intention of attaching one of my "DO NOT PICK APPLES" signs to it and the pound it into the ground near the tree. I have no idea what he thought he was looking for, but he said he was leaving and I thought I was alone.

He took a nap yesterday and I didn't make any loud clanging noises to jolt him out of his slumber. I am now considering buy a cowbell for just such an occasion.

2 comments:

Val said...

Yes. That's exactly what you need! More cowbell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kx9MdYYx7o

Linda O'Connell said...

A pot and spoon would also do. Tell him you were cooking something up just for him.