Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Same Old, Same Old

Yesterday just got stranger after the caller in the morning. The weather was just beautiful. In the 80's, but with a nice breeze. Swimmers came and went and candy and soda flew off the shelves. A good day. Not so busy that I could not visit my sewing room.

Of course the phone rang, but my morning caller did not call back. As the day was coming to an end I got a call from a man inquiring about my tent sites. He seemed to be annoyed at something. I quoted my price and he exploded. He was not mad at me or my tent site. He was at a competitor's campground some miles away. He then asked if any of my sites might be in the shade and I informed him that all of my tent sites were shaded and roomy, located in a line of trees near the pool and playground. His next question was to ask if I would be adding charges to the base price. I told him that my prices covered 2 adults and up to 2 children. He had 4. It would $3 per person per night, bringing it up to $31 for a tent site with electricity.

He told me where he was and that he had just been robbed of $60 for a basic tent site in the sun with no electricity! He said he would be headed my way as soon as he packed up and got a refund. I knew a refund would not be forthcoming. His is a familiar story. I can bet next time he takes his family camping, it won't be there. As much as I might want to get all the money I can with each camper, I also want return business. Price gouging is not the way to insure that.

After the call, I checked in a small travel trailer. The lady did not want a full hook-up, only electric hook-ups. She had two children and requested to be close to the pool and playground. That was easy enough, since those sites lacking sewer hook-ups are right there next to the pool and playground. I was getting ready to close up and get outside to enjoy the remaining day light when the lady with the small travel trailer returned to ask if she could move to the other side of the park if she paid more. Since she had told me they did not use the bathroom in their camper, I told her to go ahead and pick any open site and there would be no extra charges.

Her reason for moving? She said it was too cold on that side in the trees ...... she moved to another site on the other side of the park, IN THE TREES. I can't imagine there was a big change in the temperature. She pulled in the wrong way, then loosed her dogs. I have a leash rule, just like any other campground does, so the phone started ringing with complaints before I could lock the door and escape.

I wish the corn would grow faster so I can hide in my garden when I am outside and not attached to a mower.

3 comments:

Val said...

No good deed goes unpunished.

Linda O'Connell said...

People! They'll push you to your limits.

Linda O'Connell said...

People! They'll push you to your limits.