Saturday, July 22, 2017

Weekends ......

Friday in a campground would equate to a Monday after a long holiday in the real world. Plan, though you might, you can be assured that something will go awry.

The camper from the rest area was a no-show. No surprise there, since he didn't have a clue as to where he was. Well, he could have come after we closed for the evening and left really early and ripped us off ..... assuming he was in a rest area close by.

The heat is still intense. The forecast had indicated rain for Sunday, but that has now been pushed to Tuesday or Wednesday. My potted plants and hanging baskets need water twice a day to survive. I had been outside all morning and just finished cleaning the bathrooms. Unremarkable, which is strange, I usually have a bathroom tale or two. But, someone put GARBAGE in the trash can in the laundry room. I could smell it before I saw it and the trail of ants and the buzzing of flies alerted me. There are big covered garbage cans located throughout the park, not to mention, a huge dumpster on your way out.

For those of you who may not know, there is a difference between trash and garbage. Garbage consists of smelly things like food waste and trash is unsmelly things like paper.

But, I was all through with my chores and was about to start watering. HeWho knows nothing about gardens came along and told me I was too hot to stay outside. I told him I was just finishing up and needed to water my baskets. He informed me that the water would just evaporate. Suddenly he is Mr. Science. I agreed with him that the water did, indeed, evaporate and that is why it is important to water them, lest they die. He walked away muttering that the watering should be done in the evening.

Too bad my water pressure wasn't better. I have it split three ways on the hydrant I was using, so that while I watered my baskets, two sprinklers were in the vegetable garden. Had I had more pressure in that hose I would have turned it on "jet" and watered him! I water in the evening as well.

Not a good way to start the weekend, HeWho telling me what my body temperature is and giving me gardening advice!

2 comments:

Val said...

I wouldn't fret over that rest area camper. You probably dodged a lot of problems by him not showing up!

Linda O'Connell said...

He who meant well, but their way is not always our way. Is it?