Thursday, July 27, 2017

I Owe Him

Another year, another age. Yesterday was my 64th birthday. I had a pleasant day. I started the day with having my portrait taken at the DMV, then scurried back to my property to open the pool.

HeWho loves me and brought a breakfast to me, took over and allowed me to trim some trees and pull weeds to my heart's content. I will confess that I did not stay out long in the intense heat. I took a nap and then gave my kitchen a thorough cleaning. I piddled around and refolded all my shirts and reorganized my drawers. HeWHo cooked a nice steak dinner and I ventured back outside to frolic in my gardens.

I had minimal contact with customers and found my day to be quite relaxing. So much so that I wanted it to continue today. Lightning split the sky in the wee hours of the morning and rain fell. The air was fresh and clean this morning and the sky looked a little threatening. I finished pulling the overgrown grass and weeds from a garden and harvested some peas and tomatoes, even some potatoes.

Having high hopes for expanding my birthday into another 24 hours of peace, I showered and plopped my clean self into my recliner. Two doxies hopped up to enjoy my undivided attention. I saw a couple enter the store on the security monitor. I pretended not to notice and HeWho got up and took care of it. I owe him. I recognized the couple and there was no way I was going out there!

I sat here, watching on the 4 screen monitor, saying over and over to myself, " I am not going out there, you can't make me!"

Like I said, I owe him. Big time.

4 comments:

Val said...

Aww...He Who spoils you did good!

Linda O'Connell said...

Hey, you should celebrate your birthday more often. Hewho is a winner.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a birthday celebration. You and I are about a year apart as I celebrate 65 years next week. How did this happen? Hope you can enjoy the rest of the summer with more spoiling by HeWho.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is some freaky corn. Glad you had a relaxing day.


ผลบอล