Saturday, April 22, 2017

Memories Under Glass

 
 
 
 
Remember Glamour Shots? Back in the 80's. Big hair and tons of make-up. Why did we do this?
 
 
 
 
 This was my daughter's idea. Jill and I went together. Could I be adorned with more shiny stuff? The earrings are bigger than my ears! I suppose I needed the big jewels to counter balance the hair! If it was pink, it would resemble cotton candy! 


After our photo shot, we walked through the mall, while people stared at the big hair and make-up. Jill has a lot of hair to start with, so hers really grew with the stylist's administrations. Yes, she is my child. She looks like her Dad. Most amazing thing is that we actually bought the pictures!


Baby girl, Adrienne, went on her own a few years later. Different studio. I think they did a better job with the hair. And she doesn't look like me either. She looks like her Dad's sister.

I unearthed these as I was removing the frames from all my pictures. So many memories under glass. I have all the frames empty and the pictures wait to be sorted and placed in albums.

I did not sell much at the yard sale. I have been busy delivering the leavings to different places. All the clothing went to charity. Lots of the pots and pans that had seen a lot of use went there as well. But, the frames and mirrors and nicer kitchen ware is headed to a re-sell shop that I have an account with.

I spent much of the  morning loading the car. It is amazing that, despite the amount of stuff I have taken out, we still seem to be crowded in here. My fabric is next. This will be hard, but, were I to keep it all, we would have to pull a separate trailer behind the motor home. I won't be parting with all of it. I will keep my sewing machine ..... only one of them. I have limited myself to the space of only one hold in the basement of the motor home.

Next will be the tools and accessories of HeWho fancies himself to be Fred Sanford. That should take at least 6 months. He tends to whine about parting with things. Probably best if I just do most of it myself. After all, it is not like he knows what he has. If he did, we wouldn't have so many duplicates.

The photos will be a nice project I can share with the grandchildren. I can just hear them laughing now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this glamor shots. I never did them as I was too busy raising my daughter, working, and then going back to school to get my teaching credential and changing careers. There are few pictures of me during the 80s decade. Yours are quite gorgeous and will make for good memories.

Val said...

That truly is a glamorous shot of you! I couldn't tell for a minute, being blinded by that laser-emitting earring. The clothing choice, though, makes Cliff Huxtable sweaters seem drab.

ellen abbott said...

getting ready for the transition? I'm doing a little bit of the same. not going anywhere just trying to get rid of the things that I don't really care about anymore.

Kathy G said...

Wow! Never would have guessed that was you.

Linda O'Connell said...

Wow! You look like an 80's movie star. No really! Your daughters are so pretty. I had the same hairstyle as you. I took my photo in to school one day, and the laughter from the other teachers making fun of my big hair rocked the indoor recess playroom. Can;t wait another 20 years to see how badly we react to the nothing hair, where everyone parts their hair down the middle and wears it straight.

Paula said...

I never did a glamor shot but I wanted to. I would have had had really big hair too because I have so much. Now I just wear it really, really short!