Monday, April 17, 2017

Allergy Season


My peony is getting ready to bloom. I was going to split it this year, but lost the window of opportunity before it gets ready to bloom.


The side view isn't impressive, but you can see the buds are ready to pop.


The tulips won't be around much longer and I am hoping the pollen will settle down soon. My yard sale wasn't a complete failure, I did make some money, but I was left with a lot of stuff to donate.

I packed it all into my car, no need to bring it back inside and I had such good intentions for today. I was pretty miserable yesterday as the pollen attacked me. My eyeballs itch! My throat is sore and swollen and my inner ears are driving me nuts. But, I didn't have to cook yesterday and I was looking forward to eating with some favorite people.

I tried to take a nap beforehand, but that did not work out. I gave up and grabbed a pair of capris from my closet and pulled them on. Suddenly there was a burning sensation on the back of my right thigh. A wasp had taken up residence in my pant leg and objected to sharing quarters with me. Just what I needed ..... more histamines to my already over-loaded system.

The wasp is dead. Squished unceremoniously. My leg is swollen and itches relentlessly. I am profoundly miserable and cannot wait for this day to end. Leftovers await HeWho will want dinner. I just want some Benadryl and a bed.

I had several errands to accomplish today. I had a stop at the vet to get Heartguard and Nexguard for Eddie with my $50 off coupon. There was a wait. Seems they were unfamiliar with the coupon. Odd, since it came to me from a referral from them. I raced through the Dollar Tree for my whirly gigs and windchimes while they figured it out. The motion and sound deter the rabbits from my garden ...... sort of.

From there I went to Walmart to have all of our prescriptions transferred. The pharmacist who waited on me was pleasant enough, but, geez, dude, wash that jacket!! It was really dirty. I gave him all my instructions - 90 day supply, non-safety caps, etc. and told him I had some errands to run and would be back in 2 hours.

Went to the Agape thrift store to donate my car full of unwanted stuff. They were closed! In remembrance of Easter. What the what? My trunk was chug full, as well as half of my back seat. Nothing to do about it, though, so back to Walmart. I meandered through the newly remodeled store. The aisles are nice and wide and everything is spick and span, but they have dropped some product lines. They finally brought the fabric department back, but it was pretty unimpressive. The selection left a lot to be desired and as miserable as I was, I didn't much feel like fondling fabric that may have been imported and covered with pesticides.

I did wait the two hours and went back to the pharmacy. My stuff wasn't even in the system yet. I gave up and told them I would come back tomorrow. I still have to unload my car, after all. As I turned to leave, I noticed the young woman behind me in line. She was wearing pajamas and a leather jacket. Furry slippers. It is really nice out today, in the 70's with a light breeze. I don't get dressed up to go to Walmart or any other store, but I do wear clothes appropriate to be seen in public .... and I comb my hair. Makes me wonder what she was thinking.

Tomorrow will be better, won't it?

3 comments:

Val said...

Well...you have nowhere to go but up! The sting of the wasp was a cruel cherry on top of your unlucky Monday.

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh I feel that sting! I am allergic to insect bites, and swell huge. That Wal-Mart gal may have been hiding something, you think? Glad you didn't have to cook. Those flowers are so pretty. Makes me want tulips. Girl, I hope you can rest, those antihistamines make you drowsy. Snooze a bit if you can.

Anonymous said...

Again, you amaze me. All that done and not feeling well. Allergies are thriving here and I've not been able to talk for over 3 days unless I want a coughing spasm. Today, with rain, the tide has turned. I can talk without hysterical coughing. Perhaps the air has been washed clean of pollen. But, unlike you, I have gotten very little done these days because I feel so crummy.