Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Whole Lotta Mulch


The dog park people area ..... freshly mulched. Looks really peaceful and I am wishing I could just sit there and read a book while my canine family romps. I wish!!!



The back side. The hostas are coming along and I planted a few more to create a border. But no sitting for me on this fine Friday morning.

Thursday was a long mowing day, with my Garage Sale looming in the back of my mind. I pushed myself along and got all my mowing done with the exception of the dog park. You will recall that the gate will not allow the big mower access to the grass and HeWho mows, mows while seated upon the big machine. Not a walker, my HeWho.

While I did all the prep mowing for the big machine, HeWho rides was busy putting together a new site for a new tenant. As the day was coming to a close, and before the rented Bobcat was to be returned, I asked HeWho operates heavy machinery to deliver a scoop of mulch to the dog park. I grabbed a tarp and spread it out to receive the mulch outside the gate. For whatever insanity had gripped me, I opened the gate and put the tarp as close to the opening as I could get.

I know I was thinking that the fewer steps to the area to be mulched, the better. He dumped it and I headed in as darkness was taking over. I stood under the shower as hot as I could stand it, hoping to beat out any muscle pain, and then served up supper. Did not give that mulch another thought and slept through the night until awakened by my early morning boys, Cujo and Eddie.

I stepped out to look at the morning light hitting the park while sipping my coffee and that's when it hit me .......... IT IS FRIDAY!! I thought I had left this day open to get all my crap really good stuff priced and ready for my big event on Saturday. But ...... the mulch is blocking the gate and I have reservations pending and people will want to use the dog park.

I pulled on my sun-visor and grabbed my wagon and some 5 gallon buckets and headed out to the dog park. Had to be done. The wagon held 4 buckets and I carried two buckets with each trip and I made 6 trips before I was able to drag the tarp through the opening. That is a whole lotta mulch. No help available, as HeWho was finishing with the water and electricity to the new site.

Looks good, though, don't you think? I was finished with the mulching and mowing by 11:00 and still managed to get all my stuff priced and ready for the big sale. Just need customers now ..... and iced coffee. My muscles don't even hurt today. Well, so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. Just reading this made me tired enough to go lie down!

Linda O'Connell said...

You sure are a hard working woman. I like your resting area and would take advantage of those benches. I'm sure your season is goingt o get busier than ever with this warm weather.

Val said...

It DOES look great! Better hope Hick doesn't drop by, or he might accidentally take that stump.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Seems I have been hacked by that anonymous comment that DID NOT EXIST when this post was originally published! I would have deleted it, as I am NOT a TRUMP supporter.