Saturday, March 25, 2017

Big Paws and Peanut Butter


I may have mentioned Eddie's big paws a time or two. I can't seem to get a good picture of them, although Eddie seems to like to show them off. Forget the giant feet, look at that handsome face!

He looks like that all the time. No matter if I am praising him or scolding him. How do you get mad at that face?

My Walmart is in the throes of a remodel. While this makes for lots of clearance items ..... and we all know how much I love a good clearance, it also makes for lots of confusion. Things have been moved. I understand moving stuff. I do it all the time. But I know where I put it!

I make a very detailed list, one that goes by the section of the store the item SHOULD BE located in. I needed to restock RV sewer hoses, having sold all I had. I approached the wall section near automotive, past the tents and sleeping bags and tent pegs, and oh, look, they have either moved or discontinued the RV supplies! But wait, there is a person working in that department. A friendly helpful associate. Walmart likes to call the workers associates, like they have a say in what goes on. Whatever, I just want to know where the sewer hoses are. "Do you still carry RV supplies?" I ask the young man. He smiles and says that yes, they do. I wait, expecting to be told exactly where they are located. He smiles again and asks if there is anything else he can help me with. "Why, yes there is! Could you enlighten me as to where the RV Supplies are now located?"

After he asked two more associates, I finally found the section, but only one sewer hose. I guess they are waiting to stock shelves after the remodel.
I did score a really, really nice set of high thread count sheets with deep pockets. 20 inches deep! Do you know how hard these are to find without paying a fortune? We have a really thick pillow top mattress with a 4 inch memory foam topper. Making the bed is an event involving sheet garters to make sure the fitted sheet stays on.

HeWho enjoyed his birthday and enjoyed reading all your comments. I made him a very special birthday cake. He requested yellow cake with chocolate icing. Happy to oblige, I made the yellow cake layers, then glued them together with marshmallow fluff, then iced it all with chocolate. He was impressed. The only thing that could have made it better would have been peanut butter.

Given to what happened to the cake, peanut butter might have been a better idea. Although I was careful to let the layers cool completely before smearing the marshmallow fluff, they still slid apart. The cake was lopsided, but HeWho loves all the components declared it to be just what he wanted. Peanut butter would have made a better "glue".




2 comments:

Val said...

With that face, I'm sure Eddie gets away with a lot!

HeWho never met a cake he didn't like, I presume. I hope he washed it down with lots of Diet Coke! It goes with everything.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your cake sounds yummy, even if you have to eat it with a spoon. And your hubby is handsome, but Eddie's face makes him a heart stealer. The kid at Wal-Mart sounds typical! I like the way YOU responded.