Thursday, March 1, 2018

I Am Not Having Fun

Rumor has it that there will be running water soon. I have high hopes. I really want a shower. I want to wash the dishes and rescue the last load of laundry that got caught up in water debacle.

The parts came in today. All efforts to pump with an axillary pump failed yesterday. After HeWho plumbs diddled with the wiring and breaker box most of the day, he finally had someone come to assist him. I took the dogs to my bedroom and hid out while this humiliation happened. My house is a wreck, with dishes piled up all over the counters.

For some reason, this does not seem to bother men. Bothers me, though. Good news is that I finally mastered downloading the pictures on my phone! Hooray for me!

My house smells like that nasty stuff used to glue the PVC together and I am wondering what we will eat tonight. It is already dinner time. Chinese? I will gladly skip food altogether if it means I will have a shower!

I just heard water gushing. We have water, but we can't seem to contain it in the pipes. Things are not looking too good for that shower. I can't complain, because none of my tenants have water either.

I am not having fun.

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I am so sorry, Kathy. Hang on, Sloopy. Sloopy hang on.

Val said...

Oh, no. False hope. At least you might get Chinese out of the ordeal.

Linda O'Connell said...

Just when you think it's going to be okay, stuff starts to flow. Hope you had Chinese.

ellen abbott said...

well, as Rosanne Rosannadana's daddy says, it's always something. people here are having trouble getting their wells 'clean' from the flood. I'm lucky to be on city water while everyone else in the neighborhood have wells.