Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Water Update

Update on the water situation. NOBODY HAS THE PART WE NEED IN STOCK!  Two more days before it gets here.

In the meantime, HeWho is the master of make-shift, is rigging up a secondary pump to restore water to the park. My hair is standing on end ..... literally. I might have used a lot of product yesterday and played around with different "do's". Today the back of my hair is stuck to my head, totally flat and the top is standing straight up. I caught a glimpse in the mirror and it is scary. So is my attire. Bright turquoise leggings with the same color shirt and hot pink socks in my gray slippers.

Can't really do anything. Wash dishes, laundry, shower ........ We did find a bucket full of rainwater outside and flushed the toilet. TMI? Sorry. We have plenty of drinking water and hand sanitizer. I don't like the way the hand sanitizer makes my skin feel. I poured some drinking water in a bowl and made for myself a finger bowl. This was after I thought I should clean off the plates and stack the dirty dishes.

I don't want to paint, in case I make a big mess and need water. I have succumbed to the fact that all I can do is sit here and watch HGTV. Read, I can read. That does not require water. Napping, another activity not requiring water.

It is already 3:30 and I hear a lot of things clanging and some muttered curses, no problem, I will just up the volume on the TV. Too late for a nap, though. Wonder what we will eat tonight. Seems like a good opportunity to actually go out to eat ....... only if I can wash my hair first. 

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I don't know what I would be.

Linda O'Connell said...

And I hope you wore your turquoise outfit. At least you don;t have to carry water from the creek every day. Yet.

Val said...

If you went out to eat, you could take a little travel bottle of shampoo, and wash your hair in their bathroom. On the way out, I might suggest...