Friday, February 16, 2018

Just Weird

On a roller coaster ride with the current weather, I am lacking ambition today. Just sitting and reading sounds good to me. Too bad the phone won't stop ringing. But .... we all know that the phone can be a source of endless blog fodder.

As anyone who reads this knows, I have a good many long term campers. Some I even inherited from the previous owners. Some new ones and some old ones. Those who pay annually are usually prompt with payment. I do not send out invoices. Most of my campers know when they are due and will simply send a check in the mail or appear in person to take care of business.

I have one, though, who will call me periodically, year round to "check in". I do not require that you check in. I can expect calls if the weather has been particularly bad, but we always do a drive-thru after a storm to check for damages and will call if we see any damages to a camper parked here. That is not the case with this camper.

He called this morning to inquire about this years rates. I assured him that I had not made any increases and we chatted a few minutes about his wife and her health issues. As I was closing the call, saying good bye, he said "I love you". Weird. Maybe he ends all his calls this way, although he has failed to do so in the past. I didn't respond in kind, just hung up.

I have friends that I proclaim my love for, male and female. Close friends of ours. This camper is rarely here and I speak to him several times a year on the phone. Maybe he forgot he was talking to me, thought I was someone else? Just weird.

4 comments:

Kathy G said...

Yep, I'm guessing he forgot who he was talking to. I once did the same thing with my insurance agent, then hung up the phone and realized what I had said. And was horribly embarrassed.

Val said...

Well...at least that's a pleasant change from the usual type of calls you tell us about! I'm really hoping he just forgot he was talking to you. Maybe he is used to only calling family members. Good thing this call wasn't on Valentine's Day. Then again...it was pretty close. Maybe he had just been working up the nerve to tell you.

Linda O'Connell said...

Maybe he LOVES you; he REALLY-REALLY loves you. Yeah, this weather is psycho, from 83 to 38 form one day to the next, to snow and back to 70. I just want to sit outside and read a book. Maybe Monday. Hope you can read a bit today.

Polly said...

aaah, I don't know if that's sweet or sad.