Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Bring Me A Bottle

Now that we have established my aliveness ..... today is a day like any other. I sit here sipping coffee and make evasive comments about the ceiling and when it might actually be a finished product. Sometimes I just gaze endlessly at it .... only when I think HE might be looking my way.

HE has escaped to the confines of his beloved barn under the pretext of searching for a special trim knife needed to get the vent cover to fit in the misplaced hole HE cut. There are a couple of other things HE needs to do before I can sand in earnest and then paint. As much as I am looking forward to getting the project done, I am not looking forward to having my arms in the air with paintbrush in hand. I can roll most of it, but it will require a lot of brushing, as well.

In answer to some of your comments ..... Yes, there are those who consume alcohol on a daily basis who lack a means of transportation. There is the main one, the one that is a daily event. Mostly twice a day and sometimes three trips. The last trip is usually just a bottle delivery. Does this mean that HeWho drives is an enabler? Probably. HE reasons that someone else would take the call and make the trip money, so might as well be him. The client lives in a motel and when he finds a fellow drinker sharing his circumstance, he will refer him to HeWho drives.

As lucrative as this may be, it can also be annoying. Calls come in at the oddest times and I have heard HeWho drives tell his client to go to bed and wait until the next day! Sometimes he just tells him he will be there "soon", knowing he will pass out and forget. I find it sad that someone lives this way. As far as I know, the man has no family or anyone who cares about him. I did have him over for Thanksgiving and he behaved by not bringing his bottle along, but he did not stay long after eating.

There are times when I think HeWho drives uses his taxi call as an excuse to escape chores. I would probably do the same, given the opportunity to escape .......

Now I have sanding to do. I will be all prepped before he gets around to finishing his part. 



4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I remember the utter and absolute frustration of "working" alongside someone who also didn't see the necessity of getting a job done any time soon. My sympathy, and enjoy when you do get it.

Val said...

You let him go to the barn??? You won't see him again until supper time! So many distractions there to play with.

Kathy G said...

Sanding is the WORST part of the job!

Linda O'Connell said...

My ex decided to redo our kitchen with his buddy. Three months of them sipping suds and discussing their progress, and me washing dishes in the tub.