Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Today Is Special

Today is a very special day. Today is Layla's 17th birthday. I have no recent pictures to post. It has been a year since I have seen my girl. I am busy researching locations to park our RV so we can head north soon. Most RV parks that far north close for the winter. I wonder how many days we could dry dock in a Walmart parking lot? We could move from Walmart to Walmart. That would be interesting.

I am missing my kids and my grands today. Wish I could just hop in my car and zip over to see them. But wishing won't make it so.

On a lighter note .... today is also Charming Eddie's birthday. He is one. He celebrated with a nice bone to chew on and is currently napping in my lap. He doesn't know it yet, but he will be having a bath tonight. If all the dried mud on his fur is any indication, I think he may have dug another hole in the back yard while celebrating.

I knew Eddie was special when I discovered that he was born on Layla's birthday!

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday, Layla. Wait up for Grandma.

Linda O'Connell said...

Happy birthday to Eddie and Layla. I know what you mean about yearning to see your babies. Sometimes only their hugs will do. And Eddie, he could do no wrong in my book.
I'm all for WalMart lots.

Val said...

Layla is already 17! How time flies. Happy birthday to her and to Eddie. Now that Walmart stays open 24 hours, you can't just move in there at night like in that book, "Where the Heart Is."