Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Monkey Business


It has been really quiet here for the past week since my little buddy, Parker, moved away. Not too far, but still, it is not the same.


I seem to have rediscovered my sewing room. I sold out of sock monkeys and had some of the campers ask if I planned to make more. I dug out my secret stash of hoarded socks and got busy. This one is made from infant socks and is my current favorite.


Seems I had quite the stash of socks and nowhere to display them. So I went to the ceiling for room and let them hang from a tree limb.


Not all of them are hanging by the tail.


This one looks like he might be stealing some ketchup!


This one has freaky long legs.


Tied in knots over chocolate.

Once I started, I couldn't stop. I made 21 last week and sold one over the weekend. I still have a big stack of socks, I might as well keep going while the rain is falling.

5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

And the socks hold out.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I can see why they are popular

Val said...

So unique! But that long-legged one is a little scary.

luksky said...

I love it when you get in your "crafty mode". Such cute stuff you make/paint

Linda O'Connell said...

That little blonde cutie probably kept you company. Your display is so unique and your monkeys are so doggone cute!