Monday, October 23, 2017

Drip, Drip, Drip

My laptop is behaving well this morning. Perhaps it knows that I am ready to give my affections to a newer model. At any rate, I will take advantage of it. I am enjoying a quiet morning, sipping coffee, the TV a mere murmur in the background, and two long dogs lounging in my lap.

Cujo is considerate. He tucks in next to me on my left side. Eddie is a sprawler. He likes to command as much space as possible. He is between my legs, with his sweet little head on my thigh. He is restless when he naps. He stretches and pushes my legs to odd angles, as I bend my knee to accommodate my little guy.

Makes it hard to balance the laptop, but the sweet warmth is worth it. Makes the dripping faucet in the background less annoying. I woke this morning and went in the kitchen to hit the magic button that started the process of making my morning jolt of caffeine, I noted that the faucet was dripping. Reminded me that we are due to submit a sample to the DNR, as we do every month.

I filled out the necessary paper work, while HeWho plumbs collected the sample. The faucet is no longer simply dripping, it is a steady stream. You would think he would have noticed. I could hear it as I boxed up the sample for him to take. I even pointed it out to him. "I guess I didn't turn it all the way off," he says as he tries to tighten the faucet.

That was a couple of hours ago. He decided to take a cab call while he was out. Guess he forgot he needs to fix this faucet. I think I will go outside and do anything other than listen to this steady stream of water hit the bottom of the sink!

2 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Quick fix before you go bonkers: tie a string around the faucet and let water drip down the string into drain. LONG dogs....love it!

Val said...

My half-long little doggy goes crazy when I come outside to walk every evening. He loves me SO much! Until he sees the cat that he likes to...um...attempt romantic interludes with.