Saturday, June 2, 2012

Clean Kitty, Kitty

No pictures today, just words.

I have been just busy enough all day long to keep me from doing anything constructive. He who travels had to make a sudden trip to see his mom. She is in the hospital in Georgia. Now, you may think I am on my own here at the kampground ......

I am not, though. I have my very own support system. Kamper Jackie and Kamper Julie have fed me. Even those here for the very first time have inquired about my mother-in-law and offered their assistance. When my husband left yesterday he was worried about leaving me here, but he need not have.

After last weekend, the kamping world has been redeemed! No shenanigans this weekend, just good thoughts and help.

Little Martha is quite the little imp. She loves to be on the loose in the store to enchant those checking in. She will peek around the counter, then scurry back to safety of my feet. I put her kennel under my desk so that she can see me. When she is hungry she will cry super loud and climb the door of the kennel. I was under the impression that she did not like being locked in, but after she had roamed the store today, following me around as I did my chores, I suddenly realized that she was no longer with me.

I called her name, she will follow the sound of my voice, but she did not answer with her little meow and I could not locate her. No one had been in the store and I was fairly certain that she had not walked out the door with anyone. I searched over and under and finally checked the kennel. She had gone in on her own and curled up on her blankie and gone to sleep!

Yes, she has me wrapped around her little sharp claws! She will nibble on my thumb, but stops short of actually biting me. She still wants her bottle and refuses to lap the formula out of a saucer. I wrap her tightly in her little towel and she pops out her little arms and grabs the bottle to guide it to her mouth. I still have to squeeze it for her when she is really hungry. Her little ears move as she swallows and she gazes up at me with her big blue eyes. Yes, I am in kitten love. 

Oh, by the way ....... I am allergic to cats. Don't worry, she is not going anywhere. I will just have to bathe her often. She had three this week ....

12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles....she will hopefully get used to the bathes then...mine hates it...too cute too...hope all is well with your MIL...

Lorenza said...

I am sure she will get used to baths!
Glad you are enjoying having her with you!
I hope your mother in low is ok.
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs

joanne said...

awww, you are such a good momma!

Linda O'Connell said...

How could you not be in kitten love? She has stolen MY heart.

mamahasspoken said...

It sounds like God sent you that kitten to help you with your other grief and it's working!
Prayers for your MIL and you headed your way.

lotta joy said...

My sister always looked at me like I was mental. Why? Because I would say: "I've got to go home now. Lucky will be missing me."

She'd say "But it's JUST A DOG!"

When SHE finally broke down and adopted a pup, she immediately called me and said "I'm SORRY! They aren't JUST dogs. How could I feel SO MUCH LOVE in my heart for this little baby?"

HA! Enjoy.....they grow up so soon....

Teresa said...

prayers for your MIL. your little kitty sounds so adorable.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kitty needs a playmate. Where's that old possum? You could have it eating out of your hand.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh Kitty sounds so cute and clean......lol

Hope your MIL is doing better.......

Sandi McBride said...

You are a good cat mama!!! I love how their little ears move as they nurse...has she whispered her name to you yet?
hugs
Sandi (over from One Cat Shy of Crazy...finally a new post lol)

Sandi McBride said...

oh and Kathy, have just added your MIL to our prayer list...we dont know her name, but God does

Pat said...

You COULD live on Benadryl.....that's what my son does when he's around cats!