Sunday, June 6, 2010

$1.18 = Great Happiness

Weekends after a long holiday are usually slow and a little subdued. This one was no exception. The pool is open and my days are now filled with a constant flow of swimmers and eaters. They swim, then come in for the requisite junk food to fuel the next round of bobbing aimlessly in the water, then laying in the sun. I stay just busy enough to prevent me from doing too much. If I try to sew or clean house I end up rushing in and out of the office as the door buzzer summons me. If I just sit here I seem to not get any business at all and want to doze off. It will take a few more days to find my summer-time rhythm.

Here is the new display case I was given by my bestest friend this weekend! Makes the product look all the yummier, don't you think? Cinnamon buns remain the best seller. Personally I thought the muffins were the best this weekend. Banana nut. I use yogurt instead of milk and it makes them so moist and rich tasting. And yogurt is good for you!!
Well, as long as you don't eat too much!!


Back to the subject at hand. I have a whistle! A very loud whistle. I love my new whistle. I wear it all the time, so that I am ready for any infraction. If I blow my whistle and point at you, well, you are in big trouble! I can now demand the attention of speeders, dog poop leavers, wild child throwers at the pool. The list is endless! All this for $1.18! Who said money couldn't buy happiness?

16 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

A blown whistle always gets my attention in a hurry!

luksky said...

Hmmmm....a whistle is a great idea. I think I'll use one on the neighborhood kids.

Brian Miller said...

smiles. give someone a little bit of power...lol.

Whitney Lee said...

That's exciting! Maybe I should get one too. On second thought, it probably wouldn't serve quite the same purpose for me. Have fun with it:)

Cathy said...

The thing is will you be game enough to use??
Now just for you here is a little bit of trivia I remembered, hidden deep in the bowels of my mind - did you know that for many many years, way before two way radios and mobile phones, the police in Britain carried a whistle to summon help.
In those days the public would come to their aid in catching crims. My sister tells me that these days they tend to look the other way.
Happy summer:)
Take care
Cathy

Teresa said...

love the whistle! those cookies and pastries look pretty yummy, too. i could eat one of each. heck... i could probably eat more than that but wouldn't want to be a pig.

much...

Pat said...

I love the whistle! You are a woman in charge! You are woman hear you, roar, um, I mean, tweet!

Jaime said...

who knew that a little whistle could provide so much joy! how many people have you blown it at already?

ellen abbott said...

Simple pleasures are the best.

houndstooth said...

Oh, if I had a whistle, I'd be in big trouble! That's too much power for me!

joanne said...

some people are so easy to please..;p

The Good Cook said...

When I was a teenager one of my summer jobs was that of a lifeguard. God I loved that whistle.

Jo said...

The sound of a whistle like that can make the hairs on my arms stand up on end, because the whistle is usually aimed at me, because I am doing something I should be doing.

Like having a second one of those cookies. Yum! *heh*

Jo said...

I meant "should not" be doing... :-)

Ace said...

The whistle was a great idea!! So much better than losing your voice yelling. I think I will get one for summer to whistle at my boys to shut the heck up. Nice!

Anonymous said...

I want one, I want one!!