Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jill, Meet Claudia

I opened my e-mail a few minutes ago. First thing I did was eliminate all the spam. Then I looked to see if I had any reservations awaiting my attention. Then I saw that I had messages from two of my children, my sister and my best friend......

I went to the tea kettle and poured hot water over the herbal tea bag and dunked it up and down while enjoying the aroma of blueberry. A squirt of honey and I am ready to relish my time on the computer. I opened my friend's message first and replied, then I read my sisters three messages. I was saving the best for last.

I opened Jeff's e-mail next. There was a picture of my sweet granddaughter, Jada. I teared up a little at the sight of her sweet face. I miss all my grandchildren today. It is miserable and rainy and I just want this day to end......

Jill's message was from Facebook. Talk about brief and to the point! It said, "Blog? It's been forever!" So here I am with my brain as foggy as the weather and totally uninspired. I saved this for last, expecting some wonderful story of my grandchildren and instead I am being chastised for not blogging! I will go on Facebook after I post this and peruse all my kids and catch up on their lives.

Today is so dreary. I have spent the day cleaning out closets and tossing all those items I have kept, thinking I will find a purpose for them other than collecting dust.
In all this cleaning I did not damage any spider webs........


Meet Claudia. Isn't she lovely? She has woven an impressive web that spans from the ceiling of the porch overhang to the soda machine. It has to be at least four feet. She even has a strand of the web secured to the concrete sidewalk underneath for stability. Spiderwebs are amazing and I like to have a few spiders around to gobble up those pesky houseflies.

So....... this is for you, my sweet daughter. Best I can do today.

14 comments:

Jilly said...

I love love love you! There are plenty of great grandkid stories but they require a lengthy phone call that I will be making to you very soon.

ellen abbott said...

Yay Jilly. Somebody needed to light a fire under your butt.

I love spiders. She's a beaut. Their webs are just amazing. I usually have a house spider taking up residence in the corner of one of my windows. I' sure it grosses most people out to see that dusty cobweb in the corner but she catches flies and doesn't bother me.

Sunny said...

That's a great spider picture in a horrible kind of way! I have huge spiders that spin incredible webs outside my window. (I pray that's where they'll stay...outside!)
My son is visiting this week so I am running behind with my blog reading!
Sunny :)

Cathy said...

Hello Kathy
Coming out of lurkhood (is that word) to day Hello and ask if you would like some more spiders.
We seem to have glut of them in my neighbourhood .......not little tiny ones but great big huntsman type ones.
Found one on the cutains in the bedroom the other day - that one got shown the door quick smart lol
Take care
Cathy

Rae said...

Somedays there just isn't a thing to blog about, but you did a great job today. That is one impressive spider web. I don't think I would be able to stand looking at it though. I am afraid I would have to knock it down.

Sandi McBride said...

I've just given Lee at Chrysalis Dreams a lecture on blogging...like I'm one to talk! But I must say, even if all I heard was about your love for your granddaughter, that would have been enough...but the special intro to Claudia...thanks so much!
Sandi

Mrs.C said...

That is so sweet of her to "suggest" you blog. (Thx, Jilly, I was having withdrawls!)

Love the spider/web pic.

Joy and Phil said...

You are missed when you do not blog. Ahhhh, the life of a celebrity :)

I like spiders when they are outside. Inside, they must die because I am allergic to their venom and even a tiny bite causes me to swell up with a goose egg.

squawmama said...

Claudia is awesome... And yes Grandkids are awesome.. We are visiting ours in Arkansas right now... Will be here until after the holidays. Have a wonderful day!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Nope, nope, nope. Can't be doing with spiders! I know they are harmless and I do try to catch the big feckers that run over the carpet with a glass and a card and let them out gently but they still scare me!

The Good Cook said...

I like that you named the spider. She's a beaut!

Nancy said...

We've missed you, too! Love your spider and web. You have a wonderful heart.

Meggie said...

I love Claudia! she is very beautiful. Lovely post.

Pat said...

Spiders are not my favorite, but as long as you named her, I guess I can tolerate it! :)