Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Typical Day

"I bottomed out" said the man patiently waiting for me to open the store this morning. I awakened the sleeping one and grabbed the camera. Yes, he did. The trees are in the way, but he was stuck pretty good.

No less than half a dozen men congregated to ponder the situation. He had turned out the wrong way and in doing so went into some really soft ground. Good Samaritan Tony came to the rescue with his truck...........

As you can see, everyone was eager to help. Me.........I watched. Good Samaritan Cody climbed under to look for a place to hook the tow chain. He was getting advice from the owners of the legs you see.

The tow chain was going to damage the front end of the motor home, so a trusty piece of firewood was put in service...........

Love of my life gave directions as the big pull began. I like to dress him in bright colors so that I can find him easily.........

Sweet success and our traveler is on his way! And we aren't even open yet!






4 comments:

Meggie said...

Good grief those huge trailers make me tremble with fear. I just cannot imagine hauling one of those!

Nancy said...

I love how men figure stuff out. I would be lost without my husband. Although I guess I would learn soon enough.

Pat said...

Sometimes I marvel at how my husband can get us in and out of tight places with our 40 foot fifth wheel and 1 1/2 ton truck. Altogether it's about 55 feet long. Although we've had a couple of close calls! At the resort in Arizona that we stay during the winter months, the streets are very narrow and not made for big rigs. They have volunteers who lead you to the sites. This particular volunteer lead us down a street that had a sharp turn to the left and curved down a little. We really should have come down another street. My husband had to swing way over to the right so we could make it and not run over the drainpipe. Little did we know that our ladder on the back of our trailer hooked the Christmas lights in someone's grapefruit tree and yanked them right out. We dragged the lights down the street all the way to our site. It was like a parade. Look! Here come the Heinen's! Ta Da! When we parked the trailer and walked behind it seeing the lights dragging we were like, "oh-oh!" It was too funny. Later I went back and apologized to the people who owned the lights.

Teresa said...

Man - he was really stuck. I'm totally afraid of those big things. Don't know how anyone drives them, let alone park one!