Friday, July 10, 2009

The Rain Cometh

I woke this morning to the dreary half light that told me the rain was here. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I am gleeful..... rain means no swimmers to demand my time. I still have all the necessary chores to do, but at a more leisurely pace. On the other hand, it is Friday and if this keeps up I will have cancellations..........and that means a loss of revenue.

My ears are still wonky. I can pinch my nose and blow out to make the fluid move behind my eardrums and if you are close by you will hear it! I suppose I should call for another appointment. I think I see an ENT Doc in my future. Crap! I don't have time for such things.

I spent yesterday afternoon painting the number signage for the new sites and now I need to go out and install them. No, I did not do this because of the Missionary man! It was already on my list of things to do, I just had to push love of my life into cutting the boards for me. Now they are ready to put up......but it is raining.

I see that the Michael Jackson saga continues. His father is now crying out that he suspects foul play. Will we be treated to more months of this as theories and rumors continue to circulate? The man is dead, let it be. Truth be known, he was no doubt culpable in his own death and his family will end up exposing that just to remain in the spotlight. I find myself flipping channels to not hear about it. Reminds me of Anna Nicole and how that dragged on and on and on........

Must be my ears, but my mind can't seem to land on a single thought and stay with it. Guess I will venture out into the gentle rain and hand my signs and clean some bathrooms. After that I might just tackle some wet weeds!

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

rain? OK, now you're just rubbing it in.

Unknown said...

Hope you at least have a great weekend! I am going "camping"!!! So excited.

Just keep the tv off...you will be fine.

Nancy said...

I really hope the Michael thing doesn't become the Anna thing. But I think you are right.

lovelyprism said...

LOL I just posted a story about how all the MJ coverage is driving me insane.
Now listen... I used to do that pinch my nose and blow thing... don't do that! I had an ear infection and I did that and blew a hole right through my eardrum. I won't go into the gross disgusting things that happened after that! Just stop doing it!

Pat said...

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe the rain will give you a little reprieve from your chores.

I agree about the MJ thing. Enough is enough.