Thursday, July 2, 2009

On The Mend

Thanks to all of you for the advice and the good thoughts. I can happily report that although I am still not completely well, I do feel better. The ears are still funky and the voice still scratchy, but here I sit behind my counter happily pecking away.

Yesterday morning I was spirited away by camper buddy, Deb. I had considered cancelling my outing with her, but love of my life insisted that I get away from the park. So, it was off to her lake house we went. A quick inspection assured her that everything was in order and we headed to a local eatery for lunch. It was very casual and slow paced and we tried some fried potato salad. It was interesting, but I like mine better. I had some fried grouper. The breading looked like corn flakes, but had a touch of sweetness. Reminded me of the Captain Crunch breaded chicken at Planet Hollywood. My appetite is still a little off from the ear infection...........

After our leisurely lunch we headed to a wonderful outlet center. I got a Bali bra for THREE dollars! I will dig through all the sale racks with the best of them. I love a good clearance! Also got a cute shirt that the stitching was coming loose on at Tommy Hilfiger for five bucks. Socks for love of my life and a trip to the ice cream bar left us both very mellow.

WalMart was happy to see me enter it's sacred portals knowing I would fill my cart to capacity...... and I did. Pool supplies that my nearest WalMart is out of were snatched up shamelessly and we loaded it all in to ready our selves for the long ride home. A couple of bottles of water and some more decongestant pills for me and I was wired. Deb was crashing with fatigue and I drove part of the way home.

I don't particularly like to drive vehicles that I am not familiar with. It takes me awhile to acclimate myself to the sensitivity of the gas and brake pedals and figure out where all the gadgets are. It was okay with Deb as my co-pilot, though. Unlike love of my life she never barked at me if I hit the brake too hard or didn't drive as fast as I could. We had a wonderful day. I got a much needed change of scenery and a rest from my everyday activities.

But, alas, that was yesterday....... Today is here and the pool goers are continuing to arrive. Lots of folks got off early for the holiday weekend ahead and will begin arriving soon. I will no doubt be swamped. And, yes, he is at work! He was originally scheduled for Friday and swapped with someone in order to be off. His boss (and I use that term lightly) has informed him that she will no longer honor his request to be off every Friday. She says that when he applied for the job he did not write this request in, therefore.......... He has worked at least one day of every weekend this year. I have come to the conclusion that she is trying to see just how far she can push him. He is looking for another job that will allow him to work part-time and still receive benefits. She is such a fine example of how not to manage and I think she deserves an award as such. I would love to give her one.......

Instead of dwelling on that, I will now get up off my lovely derriere and sweep the store, do a little merchandising and get everything in order for the coming weekend. Wishing all of you a safe and happy holiday!

6 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Here's hoping that sll your guests behave themselves this weekend and you have some fun too.

We're off to the country house as soon as the cat shows up.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. Your husband's boss will rot in hell for being such a bully. The poison inside of her will eat away at her and she will probably die young from such corrosive feelings and behaviour. Angry people generally have heart attacks younger than most. I hope that lovely man of yours finds a new position soon, he deserves it. X

Sandi McBride said...

Hope you're all well for the 4th! Have a great holiday with the family!
Sandi

Nancy said...

Hope you have a nice 4th, knowing you will busy, busy, busy. Hopefully your guests will act like one.

lovelyprism said...

I'm glad you had a nice day away. I love a good outlet mall! I think that woman does deserve an award, you should invent one.

Pat said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

But really - a hooter holder for 3 bucks? Holy cow! She scores! You have to read my blog on bra shopping:

http://pat-aviewfromtheedge.blogspot.com/2009/06/ups-and-downs-of-big-breasted-women.html