Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Trip Again

The trip south was quite uneventful. I sat surrounded by dogs, all trying to get my attention. It seemed that everytime they got settled and I would start to doze, we stopped. HeWho would make me hold my bladder in our younger days on a trip,he is the one needing the stops now. Then the stops for fuel and the stops to smoke. I found them all to be very annoying. I was also at his beck and call to refill his soda and bring him snacks. But that was no big deal. Been waiting on this man for almost 44 years now and that is not likely to change.

We stopped near Ringgold, Georgia. This RV park was enormous. It was after hours and we did the night check-in. The night check-in did not include a map and navigating the park in the dark wasn't easy. We ended up pulling into the first empty spot we found. The interstate could be seen from the site and I heard it all night long. It was on hilly terrain, so there was constant truck noises as they braked.

The next morning I woke first and harnessed my canines for their early morning necessities. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a jacket over my night gown, grabbed some poop bags and walked. There was a dog walking area designated by a sign, but they were in the process of adding more sites even closer to the fence right off the interstate. This place was pretty full of what looked to be full-timers. The lots, however were small and not very accommodating. Everything seemed to be really crammed in tight. 

My dogs were really being good. I had the little ultrasonic bark thingy in my hand and they were responding quite well to that. Only problem was the barking and howling when we left them inside without us. They only had 4 accidents the entire trip. Cujo was still on pain meds and antibiotics from his dental visit. He lost 13 teeth, poor baby. He has only 1 front tooth on the top, nothing on the bottom. He was somewhat subdued. Wall-E was pretty much resigned to go on an adventure, not enthusiastic at all. Toni Louise and Charming Eddie loved traveling. They enjoyed looking out the windshield with their paws resting on HeWho's shoulders. They especially loved exploring the grounds at every stop, sniffing the smells and leaving their mark.

We arrived at our destination the next afternoon. Doris and Kevin's house. Doris is actually the cousin of HeWho, but more like a little sister. She and I have a lot in common. We both sew and craft, we are both cheap thrifty. We had a great time. We laughed a lot and Doris poured candles a lot! She was getting ready for a craft venue (taking my wares along with hers). I smelled so many scents, I think I broke my smeller! My store has been restocked with good smells. You can find Casual Candles by Doris at Kan-Do Kampground.

Time seems to move too quickly and we headed out on Thursday morning to head west to Pearson for the second leg of our journey.

1 comment:

Val said...

Good to hear that two of your four-legged companions enjoy traveling!