Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Progress is Slow

 The temperature today felt like Spring. Mother Nature is just toying with us, though. I just heard on the news that we are under a winter weather advisory for the next 22 hours.

What is that about red skies? Red sky in morning .... sailor take warning. Red sky at night .... sailor's delight. Wonder how that factors in the weather advisory as the sun is setting here with a nice pink sky?

 Bathroom progress is painfully slow. He has encountered lots of plumbing issues. The new insulation is in and we are ready to put the tub in.

 Work is interfering as he has to take calls. Just for fun I am going to suggest that I want the toilet moved to where he has it sitting. You can see the hole in the floor where it has to go. Still, it will be fun to freak him out.

Is this the weirdest drainage set-up you have ever seen? My whole house smells like that purple stuff on the pipes.

You may be wondering why we chose to do this in the dead of winter. It is the only time we have to get it done. As I sit here writing I hear him trying to get the tub into its space. I tried to offer assistance, but I was told to just stay out of his way. Happy to oblige.

He put the drainage pipe on the tub first, thus making the tub longer. Already a tight fit, I could see that it was not going to simply slide into the space. The 2 X 4 the tub is supposed to attach to is also jutting out. My suggestion to remove it temporarily was not well received, so I left the room to check in a camper. Do you suppose the nice lady camper knew that bucket sitting by the door into my home is my chamber pot?

I ventured in to check on him to see that he had decided to take my suggestion and remove the obstructive 2 X 4. I hear the saw and I smell the pipe goop stuff that stinks. Ahhh, the sweet smell of progress. Tomorrow the floor, then the toilet will follow.

11 comments:

Kathy G said...

At least the warm weather allows Him to open the bathroom window and air out some of the goop smell!

Teri said...

We think alike, I would also suggest moving the toilet. LOL.

Brian Miller said...

the sweet smell of progress...lol...glad you are moving forward...

Teresa said...

good luck to you. hope the weather holds out. we got a "dusting" of snow tonight. wasn't fun to drive in, especially since my drive is 45 miles. yuk. and, to top it off, i had to work late so i didn't even get home until after 7:00 tonight.

i would have moved the toilet, too. lol

Linda O'Connell said...

i thought you were talking about MY husband, word for word. And yes, I admit, I would do the same thing, pretend I want the toilet moved AGAIN :)

Cathy said...

Hello Kathy
Thinking of you in your time of need - 1am when you need to pee lol
Take care
Cathy

mamahasspoken said...

Hum, wondering if you told him to move the toilet if that would be the 'straw that breaks the camel's back' and he stops working all together :o/ It would be for my hubby....

SkippyMom said...

You're a trooper Kathy. I will give you that. I hope you are warm enough when you have to skip out to the potty. Not much longer. Fingers crossed that it is sooner than later.

Whitney Lee said...

I completely understand the timing of the project! I usually bribe handy friends to help my husband when he tackles a large project around here. Although in your shoes I might have run away from home...several days without my toilet-oy! You are a brave woman. I can't wait to see the next update.

Val said...

Take precautions tonight. It's going to be cold enough to freeze a chamber pot. Wouldn't want you to end up in the ER with a bucket frozen to your butt.

Rae said...

Progress is good. Hope it continues along and things get done soon.