Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Am A Person Of Walmart .......

Every month I have to get refills of one or another drug. There are two that we only get a 30 day supply of at a time, due to the high cost. They are both generic, but still costly. Mine is the one that has cost the most. Last year we spent  almost $1500 on that one drug. It was supposed to keep me sane and it failed .......

Of course, looking on the bright side, it will be a big plus come tax time. My doctor had toyed with the idea of doubling my dosage, but, having no insurance, that would have doubled my cost. I vetoed that idea, not caring how good that would be for taxes. We added another generic drug that is on WalMart's list of 90 days for $10.

So, I had the necessary funds in hand for my monthly trek to WalMart. I am feeling so much better that I actually drove myself there and back with nary a twinge of panic. Even got a haircut. But, back to the title. I drove in and waited patiently at the crosswalk where pedestrians have the right of way. I always stop and let people cross .... always. You would think that a car stopped and people on foot crossing would alert the driver of the vehicle traveling in the opposite direction to at least slow down. Not really. Right after the other car flew by me, a young woman crossed. She was nicely dressed (and not just by WalMart standards). She was in business attire, heels and all. I was thinking she might be a vendor looking to acquire shelf space or a member of management from a much higher level than this little store is used to hosting.

My mind is always on, you know, just meandering along, wondering this and that and thinking how very lady-like her attire was ........... that is when when spit quite a large wad out the side of her mouth right before the doors whooshed open. Lady-like? I made a mental note of the spit landing, so as not to step in it when I entered, then parked the car.

I went to the window and handed the RX #'s to the one perched upon a stool. I had the numbers written very legibly, along with corresponding birth dates and the number of pills I required. I ALWAYS do this ...... always, and without fail, they have yet to get it right. It is always the same person perched on that stool with a look of extreme boredom plastered upon her face ....... always. Now, when I worked in the pharmacy in WalMart I remembered my customers and their particulars, especially those I saw monthly ......... and I did not perch upon a stool, but stood.

I left for my hair cutting appointment, figuring that would give them sufficient time to get my bag of drugs ready for pick-up. When I returned to pick-up window to find my two orders ready and she read out the total I was amazed. I made her open the bag so I could look at the bottle to make sure they had the right drug in it. It had dropped almost $100!! There was a long line of those waiting behind me, stony faced individuals totally unimpressed by the little happy dance I performed. I would have hugged someone, but I did not see anyone who looked approachable.

I am just wondering if there was a camera that caught me. Will I appear on The People Of Walmart? I wasn't even upset to see that they had filled only 30 of the one I had requested 90 of. Nothing can lift my mood like saving money!

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha i will be watching the website to see if they caught you dancing...smiles...glad they got it right this time...ewww on the spitting woman...

Teresa said...

that's wonderful! i took a list of my generics (that are on wal-mart's $4 list) to my local pharmacy and asked if they could match the prices. he got close - all but one and that one was only $20 for 90 days.

Joanne Noragon said...

A good beginning. It's going to be a good year!

SkippyMom said...

Congrts! That is just fabulous news Kathy. I am so happy for you.

I cannot stand people that spit in public. It is the epitome of class less ness. Yick.

Marla said...

I just stopped by ad did some catch up reading. You always make me think and smile.

Happy New Year!

Val said...

Yay! Today you beat The Devil!

joanne said...

well happy day and a hug from here, I'm totally approachable!

mamahasspoken said...

Yep, saving money can give a person a giddy-up to their step!

ellen abbott said...

I don't know, was your butt crack showing or were you oozing out of clothes 5 times too small?

Sextant said...

Savings! Terrific. Now let's pray that this med works better than the other!

Now for the crank...spitting gum on a sidewalk ranks right up with walking dogs with no popper scooper and throwing butts in an urinal. I have had to deal with all three of those maladies in my life and they always engender a sense of polite unhappiness.

Linda O'Connell said...

About time someone a bargain on
the meds. I think it is a crime the way people have to decide whether to eat or by prescriptions. So that was YOU I saw on You Tube doing the happy dance :)

Pat said...

I am VERY happy for you and your discount! Woo-hoo!

A spitting woman? Yucko!

Betty said...

It's hard to save when prescription drugs are involved. Prices seem to go up, not down.

By the way, thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you'll come back some time.