Friday, November 13, 2009

Ready To Roll

This is our new ride. It is all set to go, just needs our clothes. So, I thought I would take you on a little tour............
Here are the seats that we will sit in for about 18 hours. The one on the left is for love of my life. That seat on the right is mine. I am the navigator. I read one mean map, let me tell you! This RV is only 29 feet long and I will be spelling the pilot on long straight stretches (no city driving, you hear?).

Here you can see the "kitchen". It has a really cool feature. Can you see what looks like a cutting board on the counter? The trash can is concealed under it. The dogs can't turn it over and plunder the dinner remnants!



This the view looking back from the front of the motor home. See the refrigerator? Just beyond it is the shower and it is as small as it looks! But, it works.


The fridge is also a dry erase board! What shall I write?





The table has been removed to accommodate Wall-E's kennel. I thought about using a smaller kennel. I have one that I used for our cat, but it wouldn't be that familiar refuge that he needs for his anxiety. The booth area and the couch make beds.... for very short people!




This is the bathroom. I am impressed that it has two mirrors and a full size medicine cabinet.



Here is the fold down shelf that holds the 9 inch TV. Better not try to get up in the wee hours if the tray is down........... Hey, that is on my side of the bed!


Here we have the queen bed. This will be interesting with the three dogs. We have a king now and I am seriously considering two full beds pushed together. I end up with the least amount of room. The people who sold us this motor home were really nice. We found it on Craig's list. The bedding was black satin. I kid you not! The bedspread, bed skirt and pillow shams. Black. Slinky black satin. As we were negotiating the deal and signing the papers, I was mentally discarding this ensemble. Besides the fact that it clashed horribly with the other colors (sea foam green and a mauvy color) and I don't care for the sleekness, all I could see was Wall-E and his little white hairs stuck to it doubly bad from static electricity. The sweet lady says to me, "The bedding is yours to keep, I bought it just for this bed." To my credit I didn't say, "Why would you do that?" I just told her that she could take it, since it would clash with our dog.
As you can see the font has changed and I don't know why..............








20 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Very cool. It looks ready for the trip. What kind of mileage do those things get?

Queen size bed? Husband and I still have a double so it would be roomy indeed for us, no dogs though.

SkippyMom said...

I want! I want!

That is so cool. This is just what we are looking for to get into RVing....but the used ones are all too expensive around here.

I am terribly jealous. But so, so happy for you.

Carol said...

Looks VERY nice Kathy! Safe rides!!

Jilly said...

Just keep it long enough for a trip here!

Anonymous said...

I love it. We would like to have one and be able to take trips. But can't afford it.

Mike said...

I know what I am going to do when I retire!!

luksky said...

o.k now I am envious! Being the exploring kind of chick I am this is like peering into heaven!

Missy said...

That looks nice! I know what you mean about the bed. We have a king and are very used to sprawling out!

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh, very posh indeed. I wish you fair seas and trailing winds. Almost said happy trails, but thought better of it on account of your mission.

Will be thinking of you and sending warm sunny Florida hugs your way.

Safe travels honey. Your ride is sweet!

Joy and Phil said...

Nice job picking out the RV. It looks very similar to George's at

www.vagabonders-supreme.net

His is a Tioga.

How many miles on it? I hope you love it and decide to keep it so you can run away once in awhile and take a break!

Hugs,
Joy

Rae said...

Looks like you got a good deal on the RV. It's nice. Have a safe trip.

The Good Cook said...

It looks just like the RV we rented when we went cross country a few years back and then again last year to Acadia National Park.

I love RVing.. so sorry you have to do this for a very sad event.

labbie1 said...

LOVE the trash can idea! I can never figure out where to put the trash can!

Black SATIN?!!! REALLY???!!!! That takes my mind to places best left unplundered in public! ROFL!!!! Was the lady pleased to keep it since it clashes with Wall-E?

Brian Miller said...

very nice. honestly, have wanted one for years...would love to just take off in it...envious! smiles.

Karen said...

Nice ride. Looks like it'll be very comfortable - you're taking three dogs with you? That will be interesting!

Wishing you a safe journey, and strength for your mission.

Jo said...

Kathy, that looks very cozy. That is exactly how I would love to travel. Did you ever read a book by John Steinbeck called "Travels with Charley"? Ever since I read his book, I have wanted to do that.

I wish you were going on a more pleasant journey, however. I cannot even imagine the depth of your sadness.

((((((((Hugs)))))))) to you from me.

Meggie said...

Wow, thanks for the tour! I love it inside. What is the overhang above the cabin used for? Is it for storage?

Pat said...

It looks really nice and it seems to have everything that you would need. It's amazing what they put in trailers nowadays, isn't it?

Cedar said...

I have always wanted to own an R.V. and just travel all around the country. If you can stay in a vehichle with a person for 18 hours and not kill each other...that's true love...really.

Yaya' s Home said...

You are so much better at giving a tour than those guys from RV Lots.

Now, don't you go saying anything bad about that bathroom, Kathy. That's about the size our bathroom is. :-)

I just got the most BRILLIANT idea! You wanna' trade vehicles? We wouldn't charge you any extra. 'Course, the dogs would all have to ride on top, but maybe they wouldn't notice, right?

~ Yaya

Yaya's Changing World