Thursday, January 8, 2009

All bras are not created equal....

Having been the same size now for many years ( I finally quit using my last baby as an excuse--she is 30 now), it has recently come to my attention that the quality and sizing of under garments is not consistent. I have worn the same brand of bras for years--Playtex under wire. I have been plagued for the past few years by under wire piercings. I try to sew them back in, but I am now convinced the lycra fabric they are currently using is of an inferior quality to that of years past. The first time it happened I was outside in my garden, so I simply pulled the offending wire out and stuck it in my weed bag until I could go in and replace it at my machine. No big deal. I thought. The stabbing events have increased over the past year and a call to the company brought no satisfaction, so I decided to try a different brand. I assumed that the sizing would be the same.........after all it is a body measurement, right. Which begs the question--why did this new bra feel like it was cutting me in half? Couldn't stand it and had to finish the day in a bra with only one under wire. Better to be lopsided and comfortable than in pain..........right?

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Oh Mom ... go get measured ;)