Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wool Socks

The weather acts as if it is confused about the seasons. Actually this happens every year and we all comment about it. Old people talk about the weather a lot and always have. I used to make fun of those old people and now I am one of them.

Back in the day, when HeWho baffles me incessantly, was a young man, he rarely succumbed to weather. Hot weather, cold weather, didn't matter much to him, he was usually in a pair of shorts and barefooted. All of our Christmas photos have him in shorts while the rest of us were dressed more appropriately. Not coats, we lived in Georgia and it was usually in the 70's, but we still had more appropriate attire …. and shoes.

He is old now and prone to chills and such. But, why the man was wearing wool socks recently is a mystery to me. It has been in the upper 80's and 
90's and he has donned jeans and a T-shirt every day, but WOOL socks? 

I may have complained mentioned a time or two that he is quite fond of the wood stove and will frequently have the temperature in the upper 80's. There have been many nights when I have waited for him to go to sleep, then opened the window so that I could sleep.

 As much as he loves heaters in the winter, he loves air conditioners in the summer. After a morning of mowing and weeding I came in to shower and sit down. I use cool water in the shower as I am usually drenched in sweat. After my shower, I dressed and came in to sit down for a spell. After about 10 minutes, I was freezing! He had the thermostat set on 62. Said he was comfortable. Must have been the day he wore those wool socks!





3 comments:

River said...

62! For us that's 17C and most of us are wearing cardigans or jackets in that weather. With him wearing wool socks I guess the old story about having warm feet really does mean your body will be warm.

Val said...

62! I'd need to be rushed to the ER and covered with a hot-water warming blanket!

Linda O'Connell said...

My mom used to say, "Get up and get your blood moving, then you'll warm up." Ice cold air and woolen socks? Did he also have a fluffy comfy throw cover?