Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Judge Judy

I love Judge Judy. She says what I am thinking, but won't say. Not that I don't convey the message, just frame it a little differently. 

I have been mowing and cleaning bathrooms today, like usual. I also had to tackle the distasteful chore of cleaning out the soda machine. The one outside. The machine I had out there previously must have been better insulated than this one. All the diet sodas froze and burst. Okay not ALL of them, some were just swollen. 

At any rate they all had to be removed and the cans that were still full had to be opened and emptied in order to bag them up. Then I had to clean all the sticky mess out of the machine. I managed to get all the cans out without any cuts to my hands. Then I placed the big spring order to refill the machine.

Went back to mowing and as I was mowing noted a truck belonging to a tenant come flying in, ignoring my stop sign and speeding. I tried to wave him down, but he just waved back. That made me even madder.

So, when another tenant came in to tell me that it wasn't his fault he didn't have his rent, I went full-on Judge Judy. He hasn't paid all of last month and now does not have this month. I looked at him and just said, "I don't care, you owe me money and I want it." Then he copped an attitude with me, telling me he couldn't pay me until he got paid. "Then you will have to leave." He looked incredulous at me, like I was the one being uncooperative.

He said, "You have to understand, this is the first time I have lived on my own." I replied, "No, I don't, I am not your mother." He told me he didn't need a mother that he was grown, so I replied that he should act like it and pay his rent. "Are you really kicking me out?" he asked. 

He will either have the full amount due on Friday, along with interest, or he will need to find another place to live. It felt wonderful!! They always act like I am being unreasonable when I want the money they owe me. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the same students I had who didn't turn in their projects and tried to blame me for their poor grade.

Val said...

At least he wasn't peeing on your leg, telling you it was raining!

I can't believe how entitled people feel these days. I'd like to see his reaction if his boss told him he couldn't pay him on payday, that he'd just have to keep working until the business made enough money.

Joanne Noragon said...

Good for you, charging interest. Though I suspect he will be evicted.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Ok Judge Judy rocks, just saying
Also way to go standing your ground and making sure he pays up or gets out