Monday, April 30, 2018

Breakfast

I may or may not have mentioned that my exit is being closed for the season. They need to replace the bridge over the interstate. The timing is unfortunate. The start date is right around Memorial Day and the end date is November 1st. This means that my business will suffer. My campers will need to take the exit 5 miles east of me and take the frontage road. Not such a big deal, but travelers like convenience. I am annoyed, but not much I can do about it.

The real tragedy, as far as HeWho likes his morning sausage biscuit, is concerned, is that McDonalds is closed for remodeling. Not many options nearby. He tried the local bakery, but deemed the bread/sausage ratio wrong. Just wrong. He tried the biscuits and gravy and did not like them either. He was distraught!

Good thing he is married to me! I tell him all the time how lucky he is. While Bob Evans and Jimmie Dean have alternatives available, HeWho is not a big fan of those either. Now, before you picture me standing over a hot stove every morning making sausage biscuits for my man, just know that is not happening.

I have morning chores that do not include cooking breakfast. I am happy with coffee and toast, maybe a bagel. Not only that, how do you cook just one biscuit. If I make biscuits for dinner, I always have leftovers. So, once a week I make a big batch of biscuits and cook up the sausage, split the leftover biscuits and add the sausage and freeze them in individual baggies. HeWho likes them. Thirty seconds in the microwave and all he is missing is the wrapper from McDonalds.

He will be really happy tomorrow. I made cheddar biscuits last night. The only thing he loves more than cheese is peanut butter. Jif. 

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

But, I predict he will abandon you as soon a MickyD is available again. It's a guy thing. Let us know.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What would he do without you, he would go hungry, just saying

Anonymous said...

Bet yours are healthier than McDonald's.

Val said...

Maybe you could sell those sausage biscuits to your campers! HeWho could drive around in the golf cart eating one, and people would notice, and ask about them. You could even offer delivery service, courtesy of HeWho. When McDonald's closes a window of opportunity, sometimes they open the door for a clever entrepreneur...