Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Watching Paint Dry

Where did the sun go? The snow has finally melted, but I am thinking about closing all the curtains and turning on all the lights. I can't take another gray day!

You might recall that we re-covered the ceiling in our little living room. It seemed a lot bigger when I was dabbing the nail holes and imperfections with joint compound and prepping it for paint. It got even bigger when I was painting it. 


I like the way it turned out, but it made the other ceilings look ugly ...... It was hard to find an ending point. So, we extended the work to include the dining area and the kitchen. This means that I have been spending way too much time with my head tilted back and my arms in the air.

I will finally finish the last coat of paint in the kitchen today. Then the cabinets that have been waiting for so long will get some attention. I am ready with my Zinser primer. I found a can that had been opened and was lacking a label in the oops section of Menards. Five dollars!! I feel noble.

The by-product of all this ladder standing work is that I hurt. I can reach most all of the ceiling with just a step stool. But over the fridge, my short arms failed me. I thought about asking HeWho is out building fences for help, but his caulking and painting abilities are not up to my specifications. I am beginning to think he does a poor job on purpose so he won't be asked to do these tasks ever again. 

I made myself a questionable platform on which I placed the stepstool allowing me to reach the back corners. It was a little wobbly, but in a tight space, allowing me to hold onto the walls. While on this contraption, I was sub-consciously holding on with EVERY MUSCLE in my body. I could barely walk the next day, so I skipped a day before climbing up again. Then I repeated this every other day. Some days I couldn't stand to finish and would just sit in my recliner in pain.


This little guy was fine with all the sitting. He kept my lap toasty warm and showered me with sweet kisses. While he sat in my lap, Cujo and Wall-E kept my sides warm. Now, they all howl when I abandon our chair to shower and start the day.

I think they will be okay if I close the curtains and we all pile up in the chair for a while.


5 comments:

Val said...

Such at attractive lap-warmer!

Kathy G said...

Ceiling work is the WORST!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Yeah a cute lap warmer, some people find watching paint dry really exciting, not me but some people

ellen abbott said...

I've just been sitting around but mostly because it's been cold and wet here which robs me of any motivation.

Linda O'Connell said...

Today's weather makes me so happy. Tomorrow's at 76 degrees will make me weep with joy. Your ceiling looks great!