Monday, May 21, 2018

Rain, Rain, and More Rain


The good thing about rain, besides giving me a break is the flowers. My peony bush is full of blooms. This almost makes up for the sleepless nights!



So, here I sit, exiled to my desk in my favorite T-shirt. I also have dachshund earrings. Don't tell my daughters. They think I love my dogs too much.

The coming holiday weekend is looming large in my near future. They will start arriving on Wednesday and some will stay until Tuesday. Talk about a long weekend! Keeping mind that this will be like six Mondays in a row for me, I am not looking forward to it. 

Memorial Day marks the official opening of the pool. Not that my phone has not been constantly ringing "Is your alls's pool open yet." "Well, why not, it's hot out." "I just don't understand, how hard is it to fill it up with water and open it?" Dare I enlighten them?


I am still too crabby to be dealing with the public. I think I will just lock the door and go back to bed. As good as that sounds, there is still too much to be done and I would feel guilty and those guilty thoughts would prevent sleep. Catch 22?

4 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Dealing with people can be a struggle some days because there are so many stupid people around we have to deal with. No rain here

Kathy G said...

Every year like clockwork we have a huge downpour right after the peony blooms. The plant turns into a soggy mess.

Val said...

That rain headed our way. Flash floods, from 3 inches in a few hours. I was high and dry, so not an issue for me.

Wish you were able to grab your wieners and hit the sack. Maybe Emmy Lou and Wall-E could mind the store...at least Wall-E. He seems pretty responsible.

Joanne Noragon said...

How I remember. Heat. Dust. Rain. Wind. Big storms. Customers. Remember, they came to have a good time, and part of my job is the good time! I admire you.